tire repair question - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

tire repair question

I read that the stop and go tire plug kit is helpful to have in a tire emergency. Do these only work on tubeless tires. i have tube type tires on my vstar 1100, would this work , i would thnk the tube would need to be removed for this to work, correct? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 06:50 PM

Tire plug

I am a little late but, no I don't believe you can plug a tire and tube. Maybe a can of fix a flat would get you to a dealer to buy a new tube. I carry a C O 2 tire inflator and a plug kit. You probably should carry Green goo or fix a flat, etc. and an inflator. With the tube the mess from the fix a flat can be thrown away. If you have a flat you may find you need a tire.

Dave
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 09:41 PM

Linerdave I believe your right.
Had a flat just yesterday on a ride,miles away from the nearest repair shop.Thank god my riding buddy had the solution.CO'2 & plug & I had tubeless tyres.Without that I'd have to call roadside assistance.
Going to buy a repair kit before my next ride for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

Which kit works on tubeless and which kit works on a tube style tire

also, anyone, i have a 2000 vstar 1100 custom, standard size tires, they are bridgestone, anyone know if they are tubeless or tube type tires?? is there an easy way to tell if they are tubeless or not?

thanks
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 02:25 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstar23 View Post
Which kit works on tubeless and which kit works on a tube style tire

also, anyone, i have a 2000 vstar 1100 custom, standard size tires, they are bridgestone, anyone know if they are tubeless or tube type tires?? is there an easy way to tell if they are tubeless or not?

thanks
Vstar23 check out linerdaves quote ,he's onto it.
Also check out the side wall of your tyre,your bike specs or ask your local dealer to varify whether you have tubless or not,thank god I had the prior.
Good luck
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 08:42 PM

Tires

V Star,

I believe spoke wheels are usually tubes most of the rest are tube less. It should say on your tire. For the most part these remedies get us home. The tire should be replaced. You cannot afford to get stranded. Or have a tire fail at highway speed.

Dave
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerdave View Post
V Star,

I believe spoke wheels are usually tubes most of the rest are tube less. It should say on your tire. For the most part these remedies get us home. The tire should be replaced. You cannot afford to get stranded. Or have a tire fail at highway speed.

Dave
Most all shops I know of are closed Sun and Mon, so it is a very good idea to carry an inflator of some type as well as plugs. We also (on a longer run) carry a small battery charger and a small set of mc jumper cables,may save some grief sometime.

Ride Safe, Live Long

Last edited by Sugar Bear; 01-11-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode