Quicksilver Synthetic 20-50 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quicksilver Synthetic 20-50

Ok, here's my take after the swich to Quicksilver and 20 miles. IT'S EFFING AWESOME! My bike was faster, shifted better, and the chrome shined brighter. It gave me thicker hair and abs of steel. 3 hot chicks followed me home.

Seriously, I do think shifting was less clunky. Will give more feedback after I get some real miles behind me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 07:05 AM

Great morning laugh!

2014 Road King (current)
08 V Star 1300 Tourer
07 Suzuki C50 Boulevard

"debt is dumb, cash is king" ... http://www.usdebtclock.org/
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 05:14 PM
SSC

Seriously have about 800 miles on quick silver shifting is good valve tick still there randomly. A friend of mine finally got back in the saddle after his surgery he had a 650 vstar and has issues finding neutral after his oil change to quick silver no issues. I think it's more due to these bikes don't like certain types of oil especially if it's dirty. He traded his bike in so will not see any long term results from him but he did say he will be using quick silver is his new to him super clean 96 road star

2008 V-Star Silverado 1100. K&N filter, airbox mod passenger floor boards, all light visors, ISO grips, Cobra slash cut mufflers, Saddleman touring seat/ tourpack. Lots of little extras.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 06:58 PM

LOL, Classic! Since switching to a synthetic oil Ive noticed my bike starts right up after doing a lot of stop and goes, (poker runs). Last season and the season before when it was hot out it would sit there and just crank and crank til about the 5th or 6th time trying. One benefit they say is the engine runs cooler and so far Im a believer. I switch to Mobile 1 V Twin 20-50 synthetic. I also noticed the past couple long rides we've done is it does seems to shift smoother when warmed up. Before it would clunk into the gear I was shifting into, now it just goes in with hardly any noise.

2008/ 1300 V Star
Kuryakyn Pro R hypercharger
Road Burner 2.5" Street Pros
Dyno-Jet fuel processor
Yamaha OEM Passing lamps
Yamaha OEM highway bars Kuryakyn pegs
Tsukayu Strong JUMBO hard bags
Wicked Lightening green LED's
Kuryakyn Triple Whammy
RecklessMotorcycles fairing w/Rockford Fosgate amp
Klock Werk 6.5" windshield

V&H Big Shots for sale
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

I'm satisfied. I'll prob stick with it as I'm happy with the bike's performance since changing over from the yamalube and the price is reasonable.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 08:03 PM
SSC

Figured since this thread gets a lot of traffic I would post some long term results. 6 months on this oil and 2500 miles. The random top e d noise that I had after the oil change long gone. No foaming after after long rides. Shifting is still good actually feeling better shifting still then the mobile 1. The only downside my oil filter housing has a small leak nothing major possibly issue with o ring not to worried about it I know the bolts need replaced will do that next oil change. But still happy so I will stick with this oil and save 15 bucks compared to the mobile 1

2008 V-Star Silverado 1100. K&N filter, airbox mod passenger floor boards, all light visors, ISO grips, Cobra slash cut mufflers, Saddleman touring seat/ tourpack. Lots of little extras.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 06:32 AM

Glad your posting this thread, I almost forgot about Quicksilver as a last minute crazy decision this summer had me buy a new bike in August, then I saw it in the store this past weekend and now this post.
Man it would be great to have a Blackstone test on this stuff. But I do believe most oils have more in common then not and at this price the syn for bikes is terrific.
Im going to seriously consider it for my winter oil change but at the same time, Im being careful to use oil rated as required by Harley as the bike is under warranty and I do save my receipts for oil and filter.

Harley is a pain in the ass with those requirements, pretty much make it hard to buy anything except for their oil AND 15/40 diesel oil, though they could not do anything if you used motorcycle oil in the 20/50. Anyway, great feedback!

2014 Road King (current)
08 V Star 1300 Tourer
07 Suzuki C50 Boulevard

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 01:00 PM
SSC

Glad to provide the info I can. I will probably post again when I change the oil in the spring. I can't wait to see if I have any surprises in the oil. Usually I see the normal few metal flakes here and there I have been seeing less as the bike gets up there In mileage.

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 01:59 PM

Thanks, hey, not sure if this makes any difference, but I am crazy about oil and such in all my vehicles for a few decades now (gulp) I started with magnetic plugs on the vstar simply knowing it couldn't hurt pulling the metal out that the filter can't catch and just the fact that it shares the transmission oil with the engine, I was more then surprised how much it took out the first two times, , maybe much of it laying at the bottom of the pan.
But for 10 bucks its like a super extra filter that never has to be replaced, just wipe it down at each oil change. Anyway, they work and since then found out many sports cars have them and have ALWAYS been used in certain marine applications.
I was even more surprised to see that my new Road King came stock from the factory with 3 magnetic plugs, engine, trans and primary and they do not share oil.
Not as powerful as the aftermarket one I bought so I might get some for the Harley, you can buy them many places but I liked what I had from goldplug.com. You just plug in your bike info and they have the size.
The only reason I was sold on the gold plug is, darn they put some strong magnet on their plugs, I'm sure others do, I just don't know who, the OEM Harley ones I am sure do the job but I can't get over the strong magnet on the goldplug.

2014 Road King (current)
08 V Star 1300 Tourer
07 Suzuki C50 Boulevard

Last edited by alarmguy; 10-14-2014 at 02:01 PM.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzmichaels View Post
Ok, here's my take after the swich to Quicksilver and 20 miles. IT'S EFFING AWESOME! My bike was faster, shifted better, and the chrome shined brighter. It gave me thicker hair and abs of steel. 3 hot chicks followed me home.

Seriously, I do think shifting was less clunky. Will give more feedback after I get some real miles behind me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Gota get me some of that stuff.........

2001 V-Star 1100 Classic...
Vance & Hines, Rejeted.
Lubrication Provided By Amsoil...

2013 Victory XCT ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode