I have two dream bikes... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

I have two dream bikes...

And neither is going to be easy to obtain. Or make my wife very happy.

The first is a 1980 Honda CBX. Beautiful bike, big DOHC in-line 6, plenty of power. And the sound....I haven't heard a better sounding bike. There's actually a guy down here who has one in very good condition. I'd like to befriend him and convince him to let me ride it.

The second is a 1975 Suzuki RE5. Powered by a Wankel(rotary) engine, I want it more for the uniqueness of it. It's also a very good looking bike.

I mean, there's other bikes I'd like, of course. A Boulevard, V-Strom, Stryker, and Scout are extremely high on my want list. And will be one of the bikes I realistically pursue as my next bike.

But the CBX and RE5....those are special.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 05:04 PM

Are you kidding me ? This has got to be the post of the month. My brother (RIP Tommy) had an CBX EXACTLY like that one...although I "think" it was a 79. It was an amazing motorcycle.

That Suzuki...Thank you for putting that up. I was unaware that Suzuki offered a Rotary engine motorcycle. Oh God yea....that would be a keeper for sure if you could find one.

Great post man.

2008 Harley FLHTCU Electraglide
2008 V-Star 1100 Classic
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 06:34 PM
Premium Member

Location: Apopka Florida, a twist in the road just northwest of Orlando Florida My home for over 30 years
Garage
My 2 dream bikes

1980 Suzuki GS 1100 E

Yamaha RD 350 or RD 400 Finding these 2 strokes in good condition is getting harder and harder. And the prices have shot through the roof.

2000 Vstar 650 Classic , Firethorn orange Metal flake Urethane, OEM tall Windshield, 47 Harley Tail light mod, progressive springs, hard bags painted to match w/chr. bullet accents Custom Modified rear rack/backrest, Cobra Modified exhaust w/ chrome Pencil tips, Hyper charger kit,
PRV 15, Riser mounted speakers, Chrome levers,Fringe grips, studded Leather bib with pocket, Billet Oil filter relocation kit , 3.5 PMS w/ stock pilots, mains- 122.5, Custom billet t signals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode