Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Simultaneously charging phone and gps

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Barman84 
#1 ·
Hello,

Is it okay to charge my galaxy phone, and Garmin GPS unit with v star's 1100 battery simultaneously (using a Cigarette Lighter Port Extension)?

Will it cause too much load on the battery. I plan to use them only when the motorcycle is running.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
Phone chargers draw almost nothing, usually only 1 or 2 watts. If the GPS is being charged by a normal phone-style USB charger then it's just as small. If the GPS is plugged into a cradle with a built-in charger then it might draw more but it should still be only a few watts. If you leave the bike parked in the garage for a few weeks and forget to disconnect the GPS then it might be an issue but for normal riding you should have no problems at all.

#8 ·
I am running a full car audio head unit with 4 speakers and charging my cell but I run my gps out of my cell as well. I also have a hooked up cigareete lighter charger for my wifes phone in the saddle bag.

If my bike sits for a weak or so I can't run the radio without jacking up the firing of the bike for awhile until the battery charges completely if I leave it off my battery tender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.