Fellow Texas riders - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 16Likes
  • 10 Post By lesblank
  • 2 Post By 2woofs
  • 2 Post By patrickdk
  • 6 Post By raulgarzajr.1311
  • 4 Post By mikearc095
  • 2 Post By lesblank
  • 2 Post By lesblank
  • 2 Post By mikearc095
  • 2 Post By NorthernRider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Fellow Texas riders

Hope everyone is prepared for Hurricane Harvey. Here in Houston we are going to be on the dirty side on the storm. They are calling for at least 12 inches of rain with up to 30 inches if it stalls. For y'all closer to the coast hope all goes well. Now for the funny of the day. I work my 10 hours today. Get home, put the patio furniture up, take town wife's hanging plant and put up a few other things around the yard. Last project of the evening, get generator out and start. I start my generator every month so no big deal. Oil, ✔, gas, ✔, choke on, ✔, pull to start, ✖. No start, pull, no start. 15 pulls no start. Pull air filter, spray starter fluid, starts and dies, repeat at least 10 times, same result. Then my wife comes out to tell me dinner is ready. She sees that I'm frustrated. She asks if that big red knob that says gas should be turned off. I throw the starter fluid across the yard. I turn the gas on, pull cord and it starts. She starts laughing and gives me a hug. So after I swallow my pride I thank her. Hope you all get a chuckle. I'm now as ready as I'm going to be. Good luck to all down in this area, I will post updates as I can.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 01:50 AM

LOL.. Always check the basics!
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Until Later, woof woof
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 05:44 AM

I have done this a few times. Last time I forgot to turn on the gas for my daughters bike after I was finished working on it. Took awhile till she came over and flipped it and started right up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 07:52 AM

I am in Baytown area and it seems it is going to be bad. We are riding it out. Praying for safety
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 08:37 AM

Garage
Les, thanks for the bit of humor. We are on the northwest side of Houston (290/1960 area) and yes if it stalls as they expect it could be a rough few days. Good luck to everyone and stay safe. Hope all we get through this one okay.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Here is a radar snapshot. Hope others are doing ok. I work at a retail auto parts store. We received 312 generators this morning at 7am. Sold all by 10am. Waiting for next trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2017-08-25-10-14-27.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	73738  

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
A few minutes ago, tornado picture from my back yard. It's getting nasty in Houston.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_93411.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	73762  

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 05:39 PM

Garage
Wow. That one looks pretty close, glad that you're okay, the Sienna Plantation folks have been hit hard today. We have had several tornado alert notices on our phones as a big weather cell has moved up 290. Our neighborhood is okay but not far from reported damage around Barker Cypress and West Road. Will sure be glad when Harvey finally goes bye bye. Everyone take care and stay safe.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 07:40 PM

Garage
My thoughts go out to everyone in the path of this thing. Hope you all make it through unscathed.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode