Random act of kindness - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 12Likes
  • 10 Post By road_slug
  • 4 Post By YammyV
  • 2 Post By bevo1981
  • 4 Post By road_slug
  • 2 Post By KCW
  • 2 Post By KCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Random act of kindness

Was getting some fuel in the bike when an elderly lady came up to me and said she ran out of gas 10 feet away from the fuel pump.
I told her when the person in front of her goes forward, I will push her SUV forward.
After putting it in neutral, I push the vehicle forward to the pump.
She was scared that it would not start after starving it for fuel so I told her I would stick around to make sure it starts.
After she fuels up, the vehicle starts with no problem.
She then starts to tell me her husband passed away in his sleep and she says he is usually the one to take care of these types of issues and starts crying.
(I assume her tragedy happened recently)
I tell her its ok and we were brought together at the right time and place for a reason.
She then apologized to being so emotional. I reassured her that it is perfectly understandable.
I shook her hand and told her to be safe and everything will be all right.
I should have gave her a hug but given the state of her emotional status, I decided not to.
Now that I look back as I write this, I should have.

Anyway, the random act of kindness I did today, helped me in a way as I am going through a tough time myself.

Thanks for reading my story.
Ride on and be safe.
YammyV, YammyV, Elk and 7 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 06:24 PM

Garage
Being an older female I can relate to this woman's story. Thank you for giving her assistance, but also, something that meant even more to her than you can ever fathom. You will be rewarded for your act of kindness someday. Sometimes motorcyclists are judged in a different perspective. You added a positive to anyone who was an on-looker. We never know who is watching us??? Great you shared this...Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV
lesblank, lesblank, KCW and 1 others like this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Red Whine and Red Whine like this.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 08:02 AM
KCW

Garage
In the US we have a distorted sense of personal independence and personal freedom, and tend to overlook the basic fact: like bees and ants and only a handful of other animals, humans are a communal species.

We could not survive by ourselves, and would be instantly thrown back to the stone age if we tried. We depend on each other more than we want to admit.

I had a similar experience a few years ago. When Im walking through parking lots I cannot help but notice things like cracked windshields, doors not fully closed, soft or flat tires...

I noticed a BMW with both tires on the passenger side nearly flat, just as the driver, a little old lady, was walking out of the store to the car.

I also felt hesitant to approach her, being the stranger on the street that she might feel was a threat. I had to be as nice as possible to tell her the tires needed air immediately, and there is a gas station right across the street, without making her feel vulnerable or that she was about to be wonked over the head.

So... yes, you want to do everything possible - I wanted to follow her across the street and make sure her tires got properly inflated, and not just point out a dangerous situation and let her flounder to resolve it... But I understand what you mean. Its a very delicate and fine line.

And no we are not heros for helping each other. It is necessary, not optional.

When I was younger I use to carry most of my tools in my car (because my cars were mostly old and I did not want to get stranded), along with a gallon of water, a fire extinguisher, a tow chain, and when I had my dirt bike there was often a container of gas in my vehicle. If I saw a woman on the side of the road I always stopped to offer assistance, because I knew if I stopped to help her then nothing bad will happen to her.

I gave away a lot of gas over the years, put out 4 car fires, towed or pushed many cars out of the lanes of traffic, and sat in my car waiting for a tow truck to arrive, just to be there and not leave the person alone.

Maybe cars are more reliable these days, or maybe its because everyone has a cell phone, but I dont see stranded drivers hardly at all anymore.

Last edited by KCW; 10-17-2017 at 08:13 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Red, I can relate to that.
Pay it forward and don't beat yourself up over it.
There are some regrets I live with myself and it is hard.
A day usually goes by that I do not think of it and it's harder than hell to not think about it.
We can't change the past but we can try to do better going forward.
Ride on bro.
KCW, KCW, Red Whine and 1 others like this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 07:28 PM
KCW

Garage
Everyone makes mistakes.

If your mistakes dont bother you, then there is something wrong with you.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 09:17 AM
KCW

Garage
Dont beat yourself up over things that you might have done. We only exist in the present.

Every morning when you wake up 99.99999% of the things that have happened that created the situation you find yourself in today, were random events totally out of your control. We dont have as much control over our own destiny as we would like to think. The only thing we do have control over is how we respond to whatever situation we find ourselves in right now, in the present.

I can use whatever abilities and resources I have at my disposal to make my life better, or I can make it worse, or I can do nothing. Thats it. Simple.

It might feel depressing at first to think we are all being whisked along by things we mostly have no control over, but at the same time once you see this, you stop beating yourself up.

Learn from your experience, do your best - that is all you can do. That is all anyone can do. We are all in the same boat.

If I have to stand in front of anyone and give an accounting for my life, you just read it.

The mind blowing miracle of life is that the 99.99999% of the things that have happened that created the situation you find yourself in today, resulted in you sitting here today,

with self awareness and the ability to be kind and loving, experience joy and happiness, and to be at peace with the universe.

Last edited by KCW; 10-20-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode