Spring means Baseball! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Spring means Baseball!

Ok members, I wanted to start a new topic since the MLB season is now underway. No bashing or crude language, but if youíre an MLB fan, whoís your favorite teams? Which stadiums have you watched a game at, and what stadiums have you driven past?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lesblank and lesblank like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Iíll start it off, Iíve attended games at Chicago(cubs) St. Louis(cards), LA(multiple dodger games) Atlanta(braves) Boston(Red Sox). Iíve driven past yankee stadium, KC Royals stadium, and Angels stadium multiple times. Houston(Astros), and NY(Mets).
Fav teams, Red Sox in the AL,Dodgers in the NL.

post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 05:36 PM

Garage
Driven past Cards, Royals. Been to Colorado Rockies when Nat's were in town. Fun times. Favorite team has been and will always be Chicago Cubs. Thanks to WGN. If it weren't for them, probably the Rockies. I love baseball. The season goes too fast for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I hear ya! Baseball season goes way too fast for me as well. When I went to Wrigley field, the fans were great and very hospitable, we had a great time!

post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:20 PM

Garage
No crude language? (Twist hat backwards, get in yo face, and kick dirt, kick dirt, kick dirt.)

I've seen games at Oakland Coliseum, Candlestick, Fenway, Riverfront, Kaufman, Astrodome (got a foul ball), Minute Maid, Arlington Stadium (got a foul ball), and Globe Life Park (saw Kenny Rogers' perfect game). Saw a spring training game in Dunedin,FL (Mets v Montreal -- got a ball fouled by Darrel Strawberry but gave it to the kid in front of me. After all, it did bounce off him. But still, Strawberry! Damn.).
Drove past Veterans in Philadephia ( UUUUUUGLY! Sorry Phillies, but I hear you have a nice one now, so congrats!)

Favorite AL team is the home town Texas Rangers.
Favorite NL team is the champeens of the whole world -- Houston Astros! Yeah, yeah, I know. But I don't accept it.

Strange but true: I've got 3 foul balls in all these years and all three times there was a Canadian team playing. Montreal in the dome and in Dunedin, FL and Toronto at Arlington Stadium.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 07:13 PM

Garage
I hear y'all talking about all these triple A teams and stadiums. if you really what to see a major league team and stadium come on down for the Houston Astros. Now that's kicking dirt back at you. 🤠

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I got to agree with you les, the Astros really looked good last year and looking good this year. Even though they beat my Dodgers in the WS, they were clicking like a well oiled machine. I love Altuve, classic dynamite coming in small packages and his enthusiasm is infectious.

post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
graybeard, thatís impressive getting three foul balls at three different parks. When Strawberry was traded to the Dodgers, his brother cringed as his brother is a well respected LAPD officer.

post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 10:09 PM

Garage
Being from Canada it's Blue Jays all the way except for my daughter who's a Red Sox fan. Jays are doing ok so far but I don't expect them to go all the way for a long time to come. Been to Citizens Bank park to see the Phillies play and plan on going to Boston this year if I can work it into my schedule. Have been to spring training in Fort Myers Florida the last two years and watched the Twins and Red Sox take on a number of teams. Have driven past the Pirates stadium in Pittsburg but nothing else. I just love being on my motorcycle so I don't make it out to many games anymore.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 11:22 PM

Love my Astros! I have been a season ticket holder for 8 years. In the time when nobody wanted to see Astros I was there. Stadium empty but Astros giving it all they could. 100 + loss season I was there. I have loved them since a kid and ALWAYS rooted for them. Bad, good, or great. GO ASTROS! Les let's meet up for a game
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode