Nfl - Page 11 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 133Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 08:36 AM
Member
 
JonMaz2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: The Deep South (North Okaloosa County)
Posts: 43
Garage
Just stopped here to drop a "Who Dat?!"

Safe riding everyone!
lesblank and Yamaha Pat like this.

"I just wanna ride my guitar and play my bike!"

2000 V Star 650 Classic

Cobra Drag Pipes
BOSS MC425BA Speakers


Not all who wonder are lost.
JonMaz2112 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 10:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Deeksvstarclassic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Milwaukee Wisconsin
Posts: 839
Garage
Hey Pat i got to watch your Raiders yesterday. Unfortunately i missed the first 1 1/2 quarters. I wanted to watch Mahomes play because i don't often get to see KC play. I am a huge Gruden and Reid fan. Both were Packers coaches in the day.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
Deeksvstarclassic is online now  
post #103 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 11:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Redbird58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 376
Garage
Long time Browns fan....Then they packed up in the middle of the night and moved to Baltimore...Gave the NFL some looks in when the legends like Manning, Favre, Brees and Brady were playing...Then the moron had to take a knee...That was my last straw with the NFL...He may have had some legit issues but if you want me to listen to what you say you do not start out the conversation by hitting me in the mouth....Throw in the choreographed man dances after making routine plays....Nah I got better things to do with my time...

09 V Star 950

Be seen and be heard! Bright lights and loud pipes!

Enjoy the ride
Redbird58 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #104 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 01:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Deeksvstarclassic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Milwaukee Wisconsin
Posts: 839
Garage
Was that when they wouldn't let them keep the brown's name and became the ravens? I never believed in my mind that the ravens exist. I despise the ravens for that.
graybeard and Redbird58 like this.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
Deeksvstarclassic is online now  
post #105 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 01:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Redbird58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 376
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeksvstarclassic View Post
Was that when they wouldn't let them keep the brown's name and became the ravens? I never believed in my mind that the ravens exist. I despise the ravens for that.
Yep. They could have got a new stadium from the city but Modell was a greedy old man. I sat through games when the Browns were the cardiac kids and not many people there...They had some good teams but they were just not good enough.. You should have heard my son rip into me when he asked me if I was to become a NFL fan what team would I choose...I chose the Steelers because they are loyal to their fans, their players, their coaches and most importantly..their city! I thought he was gonna cry! The new stadium is more for a wine and cheese crowd... Dog Pound??? more like Dog Park...
graybeard likes this.

09 V Star 950

Be seen and be heard! Bright lights and loud pipes!

Enjoy the ride
Redbird58 is offline  
post #106 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Yamaha Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sacramento, Ca.
Posts: 1,264
Do you remember when Baltimore owner Carroll Rosenbloom and Robert Irsay who had just bought the Los Angeles Rams traded teams? 1972.

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
Yamaha Pat is online now  
post #107 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 08:24 PM
Senior Member
 
graybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Dallas area
Posts: 449
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird58 View Post
Yep. They could have got a new stadium from the city but Modell was a greedy old man. I sat through games when the Browns were the cardiac kids and not many people there...They had some good teams but they were just not good enough.. You should have heard my son rip into me when he asked me if I was to become a NFL fan what team would I choose...I chose the Steelers because they are loyal to their fans, their players, their coaches and most importantly..their city! I thought he was gonna cry! The new stadium is more for a wine and cheese crowd... Dog Pound??? more like Dog Park...
Cleveland should have been better off without Modell, a NY advertizing prick, but something went all pear shaped along the way. Don't know what since it isn't my team and I don't care. Cleveland was going through some tough times on various fronts.

My recollection is that Modell promised NOT to move the browns, but moved them anyway. Also, didn't he fire both Paul Brown AND Bill Belichick? Belichick had them moving in the right direction, then Modell makes a mid-season announcement that the team is leaving town. What a dumbass.

Anyway, you can feel sorry for doubly cursed Baltimore: First the Colts pack up their tent and slink away to Indianapolis in the dead of night -- then Baltimore gets Art Modell and what's left of the browns. Eventually he was forced to sell. That's what should have happened when he was still in Cleveland. Tagliabue is a wienie.

Flame on!

Whille I blame Tagliabue for everything that makes me not care and not want to watch NFL, owners like Modell and Robert Irsay are also to blame.

I have lot to say about a league I don't watch any more ,huh? I used to be the typical fan. Now I don't give a damn.

Flame off.
Redbird58 and JonMaz2112 like this.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
graybeard is offline  
post #108 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 07:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Redbird58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 376
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
Cleveland should have been better off without Modell, a NY advertizing prick, but something went all pear shaped along the way. Don't know what since it isn't my team and I don't care. Cleveland was going through some tough times on various fronts.

My recollection is that Modell promised NOT to move the browns, but moved them anyway. Also, didn't he fire both Paul Brown AND Bill Belichick? Belichick had them moving in the right direction, then Modell makes a mid-season announcement that the team is leaving town. What a dumbass.

Anyway, you can feel sorry for doubly cursed Baltimore: First the Colts pack up their tent and slink away to Indianapolis in the dead of night -- then Baltimore gets Art Modell and what's left of the browns. Eventually he was forced to sell. That's what should have happened when he was still in Cleveland. Tagliabue is a wienie.

Flame on!

Whille I blame Tagliabue for everything that makes me not care and not want to watch NFL, owners like Modell and Robert Irsay are also to blame.

I have lot to say about a league I don't watch any more ,huh? I used to be the typical fan. Now I don't give a damn.

Flame off.
I hear ya! Owners and Commissioners can make or break the team or the league. Godell seems to not have a spine so it will not be long before another stunt is done by the players and the leadership will again fail to address it properly. It is kind of refreshing to know that I can now plan on my Sunday's being open. Not tied to the TV any longer..Not getting my blood pressure up while watching some disrespect our Flag and Anthem.. So yes sir it is just not worth it any longer...

09 V Star 950

Be seen and be heard! Bright lights and loud pipes!

Enjoy the ride
Redbird58 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome