Chaplain’s Corner - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 131Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
This thread is being started as an idea from @Keith Post & I. With introspective quips, thought provoking anecdotes & uplifting thoughts and of course a dedicated area where anyone can post specific prayer requests.

That being said... let me kick it off with the following:

Have you ever studied for a project or say rehearsed carefully weighing all the possibilities to say maybe ask for a raise only to have it fail?
Many times we miss the most important component.... WISDOM.
It is said that “Wisdom is the principle thing”. It is the KEY that unlocks every opportunity. Here is why.
There are 3 components:
KNOWLEDGE- which are just the acquiring of facts.
UNDERSTANDING- this is the practical application OF facts TO everyday living.
WISDOM (key)- is the practical application of Knowledge to everyday living IN A TIMELY MANNER.

It’s not just knowing what to do or how to do it, but WHEN can make all the difference in the world.

Last edited by ChiefGunner; 05-07-2019 at 07:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 09:32 PM

Garage
As most of y'all know I've recently went thru multiple surgeries and was told after cataract surgery that eye sight might not recovered due to previous issue. I reached out to y'all and with the words of encouragement and prayers here I was able endure the time sensitive healing process. The talk of cancer has frequent our forum. Healing the mind at times is harder than healing the body. This will be a great place for open conversation of those issue. Comments should remain positive as I'm sure there are some that might not like these topics. But please join in if you choose.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
In today’s selfish & self centered world where so many are willing to do anything to get what they want, ask yourself; am I going with the flow of selfishness or am I setting the pace for kindness?
When was the last time YOU performed a random act of kindness or a senseless act of beauty?
We will not be remembered for the things we had, or the position we achieved but rather what we gave of ourselves to others. The impact we had on the hearts & lives of others.

Reach out today beyond your normal circle and be a force for good in someone’s life. One kind word or sacrificial act can change someone’s destiny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
As most of y'all know I've recently went thru multiple surgeries and was told after cataract surgery that eye sight might not recovered due to previous issue. I reached out to y'all and with the words of encouragement and prayers here I was able endure the time sensitive healing process. The talk of cancer has frequent our forum. Healing the mind at times is harder than healing the body. This will be a great place for open conversation of those issue. Comments should remain positive as I'm sure there are some that might not like these topics. But please join in if you choose.
I’m glad we could be a source of both hope and comfort in your trial.
I’m thanking God for your speedy FULL recovery!
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:15 AM

Garage
After 2 years of denial and fighting with insurance companies (dirty [email protected]!) for plan A to fix my wife's knee. Late last month, we went with the doctor's plan b. Which they approved right away. And her surgery is schedule for 17 May. Yesterday, the wife also submitted her resignation as a middle school teacher after 15 years. (Tired of the BS from the administration.) She does has a job already.

So any good tidings/well wishes to get thru the next few weeks are great appreciated!

No matter what you ride. Just ride!
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumdown View Post
After 2 years of denial and fighting with insurance companies (dirty [email protected]!) for plan A to fix my wife's knee. Late last month, we went with the doctor's plan b. Which they approved right away. And her surgery is schedule for 17 May. Yesterday, the wife also submitted her resignation as a middle school teacher after 15 years. (Tired of the BS from the administration.) She does has a job already.

So any good tidings/well wishes to get thru the next few weeks are great appreciated!
No problem @Scrumdown . Prayers up for a perfect surgery, a quick recovery AND that God will direct her into the next chapter of her life.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 06:27 PM

Garage
Scrumdown, we got you covered. Good to hear insurance finally woke up. Tell her to follow the rehab schedule no matter how difficult it is. I've had a few friends that had knee surgery. The ones that followed the rehab schedule were back on their feet much quicker. If you get frustrated over the situation just look into the near future with your wife having a healthy knee. Look out, she might be able to run you down shortly. 😀

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:01 AM

Garage
ChiefGunner and KeithPost,

I think this thread is a great idea! I love doing random acts of kindness. The expressions on peoples faces is all the reward I need. It could be the smallest of things like buying the person behind you in the drive thru's cup of coffee or picking up the tab for one of our military members or first responder's while at a local eatery or volunteering at a local food pantry. All make us more grateful for the opportunities we have had in life and for being able to live in this great country and enjoy and share all of our blessings. For all who are hurting and need assistance do not lose faith in your fellow man there are still many who are praying and expressing unspoken support!

09 V Star 950
Dark Cherry
Cobra Exhaust and Floorboards
Recent Mods: Added OEM passing lamps
Kuryakyn R/B/T kit
Custom Dynamics Rear Red Turn lenses

Looking for new seat and taller windshield

Be seen and be heard! Bright lights and loud pipes!

Enjoy the ride

Last edited by Redbird58; 05-08-2019 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Added text
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird58 View Post
ChiefGunner and KeithPost,

I think this thread is a great idea! I love doing random acts of kindness. The expressions on peoples faces is all the reward I need. It could be the smallest of things like buying the person behind you in the drive thru's cup of coffee or picking up the tab for one of our military members or first responder's while at a local eatery or volunteering at a local food pantry. All make us more grateful for the opportunities we have had in life and for being able to live in this great country and enjoy and share all of our blessings. For all who are hurting and need assistance do not lose faith in your fellow man there are still many who are praying and expressing unspoken support!
Amen @Redbird58 ! Amen
BTW, glad you like it. Hope it both encourages & challenges you.
Keith Post, lesblank and nurtaeff like this.

Last edited by ChiefGunner; 05-08-2019 at 07:15 AM.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

Remember that anyone who will lie FOR you will also lie TO you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode