Craziest Thing. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Craziest Thing.

I've been commuting on my bike since 1981 and have seen some incredibly stupid things drivers and bikers do. But today was a first, At least he was at a stoplight as he was shaving his knuckles!!! What is the craziest thing you have seen on the road?

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Pat View Post
I've been commuting on my bike since 1981 and have seen some incredibly stupid things drivers and bikers do. But today was a first, At least he was at a stoplight as he was shaving his knuckles!!! What is the craziest thing you have seen on the road?
Must be a California thing. 😀😁😂😄😅

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

I guess but he was using an orange disposable razor on the back of his fingers. I've seen shaving before but not fingers.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 04:02 AM
KCW

Garage
riding home last friday.... some company had a regular garbage truck painted and used to pick up lawn and garden refuse, branches, leaves, topsoil

it was stopped at a corner, there was a guy sitting in the compactor in the back of the truck, where you would throw garbage if it was being used as a garbage truck. As the truck started to pull away from the stop sign, the guy riding in the back moved in further and was completely inside the compactor.

I guess some people really are too stupid to stay alive.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 09:23 AM

Garage
I used to drive a parking lot sweeper at night and have seen so much stupid stuff driving at night. The one that sticks out in my mind was a woman driving down the street without a tire. Sparks were flying back about 30'. Ya think she was drunk? Have seen people driving down the road bouncing off of the curbs like they were bumper bowling.
Night time after bars closing is very scarry.
Keith Post and Yamaha Pat like this.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 01:49 PM

Garage
I worked 18yrs on midnight shift and itís true that the creatures come out at night.
Iíd made a traffic stop on a car, about 3am , for an expired plate, it was a newly married young couple and were returning from their honeymoon. I didnít write and wished them all the best and as I was about to return to my unit, the husband and I saw sparks flying from the asphalt and a Ford Festiva coming towards us.I saw that it was running on itís rim on the front drivers side with a female driver. I immediately got in behind it called out the plate as she had no headlights on , and it continued to weave in and out of its lane of travel. We reached the amazing speed of 22mph, fortunately there were no other cars on the road. After about 4miles she ran out of gas and bailed out the drivers side. I bailed out as well and caught her as she approached the front door of a local church.
She was hammered drunk and kept saying she wanted to get to her brothers house because he was a Minister in Memphis. I took her into custody and she registered three times the legal limit.
When we went to court she didnít remember a thing. When I showed the Judge the video with her attorney and the county attorney, her attorney had her plead guilty and assess all fine and court costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 07:04 PM

Garage
My commute the last 9 or so years has been roughly 75 miles round trip. To say I have seen some stupid, selfish acts is to put it mildly.
I have seen these acts committed by drivers & occupants of cars.

* Males receiving oral sex (performed by both sexes.)
* Females receiving oral sex (performed by both sexes.)
* Every single occupant of a vehicle on the phone & not a single one looking at the roadway!
* Eating cereal from a coffee mug.
* Watching a movie on a tablet.
* Reading a book.
* People drinking beer @ 7am in bumper to bumper traffic.

Beside being on the phone. The one that pisses me off the most is ...
Females putting on makeup while drive.
They are looking in the review mirror. Looking putting on eyeliner.

The one that made cock my head in confusion was ...
An old gent in a convertible. Reading the newspaper, fully open & driving 70+ mph.
I could not understand how he thought it was safe. Nor if he could see the road.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!

No matter what you ride. Just ride!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:56 AM

Garage
Like @Scrumdown I have seen the newspaper being read, eating a bowl of cereal, young kids on laps of driver, make up, books being read and the person too cheap or stupid to tie their mattress down. Seen a few of them fly off while traveling the freeway. Nothing gets your attention like a king size Serta airborne at 70 plus...However... Phones are a big issue with me. When I come to a stop both in my car or on the bike I am always watching my rear view wondering is this the day I get blasted from behind by the head bobbing driver. I am trying to figure out if the new lane departure, or too close sensors are making things safer or worse on the road as they become more prevalent.

09 V Star 950

Be seen and be heard! Bright lights and loud pipes!

Enjoy the ride
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 09:41 AM

Garage
I was going up north with a friend in his new truck and the minivan lost a boxspring from the roof and it flew right over his truck and blew up on the hwy behind us. One time i was stopped at a red right i was in my gmc. A dodge ram was bearing down on me and i am watching in my mirror. I thinking he cant stop swerving from side to side. Wham. I got out and he said doesn't look like much damage on you truck. I said doesn't look like yous fared as well. I had my hitch in and it bent the hell out his beautiful chrome bumper on his truck. Makeup reading books and just plain stupid.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

On my commute of 7 miles I count cell phones. The record is 17 driving and at stops.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode