Are you tired of technology? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Are you tired of technology?

I was a little disappointed going to the pharmacy today. With all of the world and technology i ran into a virtual pharmacist. I had to call to pick up my prescription today. NO i don't get it i want Gary back. I will also go to a cashier instead of an automated check out. I want to do my part to help these people to keep their jobs. We are getting to be a world of more cost and less service. The virtual Pharmacist just put me over the top. Who checks the pharmacy techs work? Not that i need a lot of service but i want Gary back.
KCW, graybeard, Redbird58 and 2 others like this.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 04:15 PM

Garage
Some days yes...Other days no..For instance I was in the drive thru line at Wendy's about 8 cars deep. So I thought I will just go in and be out before the car in front of me....like it is a challenge...so off I went. First thing I encounter is the self service kiosk..Just put my card in..touch the picture of what I want and be on my way....well me being a stubborn old man I decided to forgo the kiosk and get in the small line. After about 10 min of being ignored, some mouth breather looked at me and asked if they could help me...I almost answered the way I felt which would have been something like this..."I doubt it but at this point what do I have to lose" but needless to say I got my food and was on my way..BTW I lost the challenge as I saw the car before me pull out of the lot about 5 min before I got my food..

But on a different level my job is slowly going the way of electronic delivery. I do not think I will lose my job but those with less years in will feel the effect of electronic delivery. I am a field technician/ site coordinator for a manufacturer of high volume mail equipment. The account that I am in charge of have seen our volumes drop approx 30-40%. Predictions are for further drops but at a slower rate.

But technology brings us things like this forum and also has helped me fix all kinds of things around my house with You Tube and other forums. So I guess it is inevitable that technology is an off chute of the necessity is the mother of all inventions mindset..

09 V Star 950

Be seen and be heard! Bright lights and loud pipes!

Enjoy the ride
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

no .
Deeksvstarclassic likes this.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 07:51 PM

Oh yea, I would start a Flinstonian movement but I would have to use the computer and that would defeat the purpose.

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 08:43 PM

Garage
Yup. Every day.

Every damn day.

**sobbing

I'm so alone.........

But seriously, I am. Tired of it.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 08:43 PM

Garage
Yes and No. I still read hardback books and printed magazines. I have a current printed Atlas. I'll take a carb over fuel injection on a track vehicle. I like good customer interaction over self checkout of kiosk. I'd rather talk to you in person that on a forum. But I do enjoy the convience of most technology.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 09:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
Yes and No. I still read hardback books and printed magazines. I have a current printed Atlas. I'll take a carb over fuel injection on a track vehicle. I like good customer interaction over self checkout of kiosk. I'd rather talk to you in person that on a forum. But I do enjoy the convenience of most technology.
Yeah, what Les said. Except fuel injection totally rocks.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:06 PM

Garage
Tired of people being replaced by technology. Tech Tools I love, they help me get things done. So.. yes, and no.

2007 V Star 650 Classic
Vance and Hines Short Shots
Kuryakyn Hypercharger

Do a good turn daily!
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 05:20 AM

Absolutely, Positively YES! Computers, cell phones and all these other gadgets that were supposed to make peoples lives easier have only served to make people busier and more impersonal. Nobody is going to tell me that Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and others like it have not contributed to the breakdown of our society and families. I am going to stop there as it really boils my blood to see what is happening. By the way I will choose a carbed bike over fuel injection as long as carbed bikes are still available. Easier to deal with if I break down along the road. With a carbed bike there is a good chance I will get it going again. Have seen too many fuel injected bikes being trailered home because of bad sensor or injector that can't be diagnosed on the road so off to dealer they go. If I get so busy I can't wait a minute or 2 for my bike to warm up just shoot me.

PEACE and BLESSINGS

Last edited by Grizzer; 08-08-2019 at 06:18 AM.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I guess i am network unsociable. I have never been on faceplant, peekabook,tweeter or any other. This forum is as close as i get.
KCW, graybeard and stratsurvivor like this.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode