Biker Battleground Phoenix - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Biker Battleground Phoenix

anyone catch this show last night? new series premiered on the History Channel. it's about the best bagger builders all gathered in Arizona to compete against each other. seems to use the same formula as other biker shows you've seen - American Chopper, Biker Build Off, any reality show ever. but i love seeing cool bikes get built so i'm watching.

p.s. why does every builder have to be such a jackass? they can't all actually be like that, can they? seems like the more successful of a builder you are, the less of a person you become. also speaking from my personal experience of knowing/meeting builders.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Last edited by bevo1981; 07-02-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 07:59 PM

Just watched it today, enough interest in it to watch another episode.

And yeah ditto on the jackass factor!!

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

"i built everything on the bike"

seems like i'm hearing/reading this a lot lately, especially on this show. i've read it in some articles as well by others not affiliated with the show, with a builder claiming to have personally built everything that went on the bike. uh, NO. you DIDN'T. did you build the motor? no. did you build the wheels? no. did you build the frame? in some cases, yes, but not always. did you personally paint it? etc. etc. the thing is, there are tons of parts that go on a bike, and for a builder to claim that he built or hand-made every single piece is so lame that i wish people would call them out on it. what's wrong with just standing by your work? they are talented builders and do build a lot of the parts themselves, but to claim that every single thing on the bike was hand-built is just so absurd that it takes away from what they actually did and instead just leaves me thinking what a blowhard that guy is.

on a steel horse I ride

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 02:24 PM

Garage
With great expectations I watched my first episode. I immediately recognized the same format as well, ie: American Chopper, and so on. The "I built everything on the bike" got old as you stated Bevo, then when the [email protected]$$ factor kicked in, I was left thinking the producer(s) believe we're all a bunch of [email protected]$$'s to watch the same scripted format as all of the previous shows. I love to watch bikes being built. Whether you've honestly built "everything"on it, or "assembled everything" on it. I was left thinking here we go again. Just produce an honest show without the cocky arrogance that is not necessary. Don't try to impress me with what you say, or how tough you want to try and act. Show me in the finished product, and leave the arrogance in the editing room.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
With great expectations...
i see where you went wrong

on a steel horse I ride

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 06:55 PM

Garage
Lol, you're right!

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 07:26 PM

I find all these shows like this have 2 things in common, being a a$$ and a deadline that seams imposable. If they showed them all getting a long and with out the crunch deadlines then the drama is gone for TV.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Show me in the finished product, and leave the arrogance in the editing room.

That's why I simply fast forward thru all the bs to the reveal at the end. I don't care about all of the scripted crap in the middle, just the end product!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode