Vets - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Vets

Today ever body wont's to hug a vet. And that's all good.
When I was discharged you didn't dare say you wear a vet for fear
of being put down are even attacked, You see I'm a vet of the Vietnam
conflict, and sad to say a lot of the U.S.A. Hated us.
Just saying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 04:43 PM

Hey there Farm, my older brother is also a Vietman Vet and as you stated, you guys that risked your neck got a bum deal when you got back stateside. Sorry that happened, but you guys that went over during that crazy time will always have my respect and I'm glad you made it back. Take care and ride safe bud.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks, It was winding down on my watch and at that time only 1 in maybe 20 would see some bad sh###t.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 04:40 AM

Garage
It is comforting to hear that there are some fellow Viet Nam vets still riding. I also am a vet. I was over there for 2 tours, one being during the TET of 68. I also remember the horrible "welcome home" I received when coming home. I remember having to change out of uniform to travel or be seen in public.

But today, my reward for those days is a retirement check that I receive every month. My only embarassment is the treatement that the military (active and vets) receives from the government, especially when they want to cut expenses.

Sorry, I will stop my rant.

"Dance like this is the last dance "
2009 V Star 950 Tourer
Windshield; Clevver; V&H exhaust.; Highway bar
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 12:56 PM

Hey there Farmer. I am like Arsey, in that I have 2 brothers that were involved over there, and damn proud to say so. Good to have you here. Ride safe.

Sonysnek
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 08:43 AM

Garage
This past Friday our crisis negotiations team attended an all day seminar hosted by the VA medical center in Memphis Tn. There were over 10 other departments in attendance. 7 vets from various branches of the armed forces also attended, mostly Vietnam veterans. We all saw the pain on their faces and heard how hurt they still are from being spat upon and called baby killers.
Growing up in socal during the Vietnam War I saw this first hand at the airport when our troops returned home, and it was deplorable! All veterans have my utmost respect and I salute each and everyone of you. I'm honored to be on the same forum with you men and women who served whether US or Canadian or European forces.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 01:06 AM

Those who came before us saw a completely different conflict and a completely different homecoming.

This OIF/OEF vet cannot express enough gratitude to those who came before him. Your sacrifice is not without notice.

2007 V Star 1100 Classic. Vance and Hines, 21" spoke, white walls + other stuff.

2010 HD FLHCTU Electra Glide Ultra CLassic. Freedom Performance true dual exhaust + power commander.

Never ride faster than your angel can fly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode