My wallet was stolen... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
My wallet was stolen...

My wallet was stolen 2 days before Christmas. It's been fun trying to survive without it.

It must of fallen out of my unzipped pocket. I finished up some ski runs at my local ski mountain, and stopped in the lounge. That's the last place I had it. It wasn't long before I realized it was missing. I drove back up to the mountain and searched, put in a lost report, then finally gave up. I decided to block my cards as soon as I got home. ( Mountain is only about 20 mins from home.)

As soon as I got home I check my accounts online again. And there was a $265.40 charge to Best Buy! ... The thief used my American express right at the mountain. I assume they got some skis and boots because they racked up $2,000 in charges on that card before I could get home to make all the calls to the credit cards.

When I first realized it was missing I was really hoping that someone turned it in. Maybe I have too much faith in humanity.

One of the things I've grown to appreciate about bikers is that I believe most are really good at heart.

The shift lever fell off my old fist bike when I was out one day. I will never forget the guy named Gonzo, who came to my rescue. He was a big dude, with only one leg, riding a trike. He pulled over and helped me get my lever back on.

I've witnessed other bikers who help people out. There's also mentioning the countless charities some will ride for.

I dunno. I did call the local police, and with the I formation I gave them they said they believed they identified a suspect. I bet it wasn't someone who rides! Ha! (Probably some young, stupid, punk.)

I'm still waiting on my replacement cards, but they didn't get my ski pass! We just got some fresh snow. So I took the Jeep, (my second favor ride), up to the mountain. This time I'm trying to not lose anything!

Keep moving, learning, loving, and living.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 04:14 PM

Garage
Hopefully the Police will finger the perp and charges will be brought against them. Let's hope there's no further damage, i.e. Stolen identity. Main thing is that you're alright and you still have your bike and your Jeep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 04:15 PM

Garage
Sorry to hear that. Lost mine once and even though I had no credit card at the time, replacing my license, SIN (Canadian version of Social Security), Medicare, etc was a real PITA. I hope the charges will be taken care of and that they catch the SOB who used it. And I agree - I bet it wasn't a biker.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks guys. Yeah, it's a pain, but it could of been worse. I will be watching things closely. In afraid I may of had my SS card in there. :-( Don't usually carry it, but needed to show it for something a while ago.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 09:19 PM

Garage
My daughter volunteers at a seniors facility and one of her jobs was to take a senior to church on Sundays. One Sunday the senior had to go to the washroom so my daughter took her. Being in church, and in the front row, she left her purse in the pew. When she came back it was gone. Thief got everything, credit cards, cash etc. So much for good God fearin' citizens. You can't let your guard down for even a minute, not even in a house of worship.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKnight View Post
My daughter volunteers at a seniors facility and one of her jobs was to take a senior to church on Sundays. One Sunday the senior had to go to the washroom so my daughter took her. Being in church, and in the front row, she left her purse in the pew. When she came back it was gone. Thief got everything, credit cards, cash etc. So much for good God fearin' citizens. You can't let your guard down for even a minute, not even in a house of worship.
Wow! Yeah. See, I can't understand that. I would probably have the trust to leave it there for a moment too. (Not saying that I willingly left my wallet unattended at a ski mountain. Must of fallen out of my jacket.). But yes. Imagine the nerve of someone to steal from a church pew. I really don't understand.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:28 PM

Well, the silver lining in the thief using the card at the ski resort and Best Buy is that one or the other probably have a surveillance camera that has caught the perpetrator on camera when he or she made the purchase. If this is the case, you may get your wallet back once they arrest him or her and bring him or her to justice. In addition, it is my understanding that you can only be held liable for $50.00 of the purchases per card - since it was a fraudulent purchase. You may even have a card or cards that may not charge for any of it. Whatever the outcome, I sympathize with your predicament.

Last edited by DavefromNJ; 12-29-2016 at 10:47 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavefromNJ View Post
Well, the silver lining in the thief using the card at the ski resort and Best Buy is that one or the other probably have a surveillance camera that has caught the perpetrator on camera when he or she made the purchase. If this is the case, you may get your wallet back once they arrest him or her and bring him or her to justice. In addition, it is my understanding that you can only be held liable for $50.00 of the purchases per card - since it was a fraudulent purchase. You may even have a card or cards that may not charge for any of it. Whatever the outcome, I sympathize with your predicament.
I hadn't heard anything about $50 ..deductible? .. for fraudulent charges. Hmm. American Express reversed the charges "immediately, pending investigation". My bank will get back to me in 10 days...

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

man that sucks, to not be able to ride your bike all year round?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
man that sucks, to not be able to ride your bike all year round?
Yeah, yeah... Thanks for the sympathy. Haha. --- I'm gonna move one day!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode