Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Forward extension question

5K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  35ruger 
#1 ·
I want to move the floor boards on my 2007 1100 Classic forward 3 inches. It looks like I can and still have my Yamaha engine guards installed.

I would hate to buy and find it wont work. I also have the oil filter relocation kit installed.

Anyone know if it will work?

Tom

#3 ·
I've heard that some people have problems on the 1300, but I don't know about the 1100. I have looked at how they are mounted, and I believe I can fabricate something on my 1300 that will do the same thing you are talking about. I already have the extensions, but I would like to install a crash bar. Sometimes you just need a spacer here and an extension tab there, but many things can easily be done if you're handy enough. A guy once told me that with a torch and welder, he can make anything fit.:D The same guy wedged a Ford 302 into a BMW.

#6 ·
I made some brackets on my 1100 like this when I added my floorboard extensions.

#9 · (Edited)
Four-and-a-half inch extensions from Scootworks. Here's a picture. Maybe my bars are different (bought them from another forum member a few years back) but the boards do not hit the bars. Not even close.

On my set-up, the bottom of the highway bars move with the boards, so if it didn't hit without the extensions, not sure why it would hit with them. What I needed to do was simply make a few brackets that would pick up the top mounting holes for the bars.

#12 ·
#13 ·
I believe so. I bought it used, so I can not be certain. I did look, but I could not find any visible part number on the bars while they are bolted on the bike.

#15 ·
Might be these . . . Yamaha STR-5EL31-00-00 Engine Guard for Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic

#16 · (Edited)
#17 ·
They are 2-piece and 1" in diameter.

#18 ·
Thanks RedCat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.