Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

How To: Install DC Adapter and GPS/Phone Mount on V Star 650

7K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  87stocker 
#1 · (Edited)
Installed the Kuryakyn Power Point and Arkon GPS/Smartphone mount to the 650 and made a how to. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm pumped, it came out really well, now to take it on the road!

Tank removal since the link doesn't work in the photo:

See less See more
1 6
#2 ·
Good stuff man..I got a 9.95 one off ebay, installation is exactly the same, i even put mine in the same spot.........And we have the same GPS mount. Probably one of my favorite mods, the ability to go anywhere and also charge your phone, ipod.....your friends phones, lol - is pretty nice

#7 ·
This stuff might be obvious for more experienced riders, but I'm actually getting ready to run some wires this weekend and have never really dug into the bike before.

Thanks for the very informative post. It was right on time for me.

#9 ·
Holy smokes is kuryakyn stuff is pricy. I guess I would never use the handle bar mount and waterproof case. But the rest of that kit is about 4 bucks worth of product. I'm adding one into my left hard saddle bag right up front with 2 sided tape. With something similar to this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Quality-12V-...S_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&hash=item27dc865322 The usb cord will always be there, and my phone will be on top when touring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.