Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

More snow?!

5K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  87stocker 
#1 ·
Another fresh couple of inches of the cursed white stuff and minus 18 C tonight...

Gonna be a while yet before I'm out for my first ride.

:mad:

#2 ·
Same here! We're tied for the snowiest city in US and Im sick of it!!!

#3 ·
Yup we had 4 cm the other day and now its cold again. We are expecting plus 6 this time next week. It seems like everything bike related that I do happens on the coldest day of the month. I bought my bike in -36. Exhaust programmer and big air this weekend. Oh well I guess it will be ready for riding season.

#5 ·
At best mid may to sometime in october

#6 ·
Last year I was riding at this time. This winter has been the worst in recent memory and as a person who rides daily to work during Spring to Fall, very depressing.

However if the long term forecast has any accuracy, you should see plenty of motorcycles on the road shortly. Hang in there people, we are ALMOST there!

#7 ·
Will it ever end!!! Snowed again this morning, nothing stuck but damn is it cold out. I was going to take my bike down to my shop but the minute I get everything ready to go and its snowing like crazy out, it didnt last long but its only 22 F out. You guy in the southern states are lucky for sure!

#8 ·
We are due for snow tonight and into the am but hopefully just an inch or two. Up to 60 or so this Friday and Saturday but I think there is some rain in there too. Sigh. I'm hoping the rain doesn't pan out and I can at least get out for a while Friday or Saturday. This winter really has been a bummer...

#10 ·
Well it snowed some more here yesterday :( not much but enough. Now the rumors are it will begin warming up, 1st signs of actual Spring.

But my bike isn't leaving the garage/cocoon until after a TON of rain has washed away all the accumulated salt off the streets. I'm X-ing my fingers maybe I can fire up the bike in the next week or 2

#12 ·
WTH! another 3-7" of wet nasty stuff for us tonight then 60F by Tuesday. Problem is there will be so much salt on the roads We'll need a couple of hard rain storms to wash everything down. It just seems this winter has been soooo long, we've been plowing snow since the second week of November!

#13 ·
no more snow...no more snow...

I just checked my local forcast, now I wish I didnt. Monday there saying 20-30cm thats 10in. tuesday another 15cm thats 5in, more. this is one time I hope the weatherman is wrong!!!!!!!

#17 ·
Finally Finally Finally some double digit Celsius weather. Now just need some wind to dry the driveway a little and I'm cruising.

#18 ·
I feel for you guys! Its been a long winter here too. We're past the hump here, taking off the last salt spreader this week and have been on 2 shorter rides. Not very comfortable riding weather for a few more weeks but its not snowing and I'll take it! Hang in there

#19 ·
We've had ours out a few times since the beginning of March...little rough when the temp is 40 and below, but not to bad if you dress for it. Supposed to be 70 here tomorrow, and the FDIC is in town, with the Indy chapter of Axemen MC hosting a bike night downtown at Scotty's Brewhouse. Good reason to get the bike out, and 70 again on Saturday....but next week in the mid 40's and 50's again :-/ Can't wait for Spring to grab hold and stick around!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#20 ·
Got out for a short ride last week. The drive way had avoidable mud. I'm now pumping the water that is sitting in the yard and driveway, out into the horse pasture(which slopes away from the house). The ground is saturated and will not take any more water. The corners on the road are full of sand and rock so I take it easy. That was my first ride ever on this bike. WOW!!!! Other than the handle bars(bagger bars on the way)I love this bike. The Fi2000 is set right out of the box for the pipes and drilled air box. I may try playing with it a little just to see what I get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.