Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Orygun newbie

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  bevo1981 
#1 ·
Hailing from Milwaukie (Portland) I found this forum when I was looking for V Stars. I already have a garage full of Yamahas but no Cruisers. I have been resisting up until lately when my fiance decided she wanted one. I have ridden motocross since I was a kid and roadraced at PIR for 4 years in the early 90's so I have an admitted adiction to motorcycles. Looks like I found a great website and I look forward to meeting some of you after I buy my first crusier.

Cheers!

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome!

Not many from the Beaver State here, but I don't suspect too many dislike it...:eek:

The Forum Moderator (Bevo1981) should be along shortly to officially welcome you as soon as he takes leave of his census:rolleyes:

#4 ·
Thanks guys, Oregon is a wonderful place with desert, mountains, forests and beaches. I never get bored riding here except when it rains, that is really boring and uninteresting to me. I haven't found a cruiser yet, although I had a nice one get away from me in Idaho - 2007 V Star Custom with 2600 miles for $3800, I couldn't get over there soon enough and it sold : (

I really like the Raider S and am keeping my eye out for a great deal on one of those.

#5 ·
Nelyon.....

First welcome.

Second.....don't get a V-Star. I rode dirt all my life too, and my first cruiser was a V-Star. Great bike.....I loved it.....but not heavy enough and not enough power....especially for the open stretches of road like y'all got up there. I was on a V-Star 1100 in 8 mos. You may want to go bigger still, although if you like the Custom, 1100 is as big as you go.

Third......shouldn;t that be the "Duck" state......? ;-)

#6 ·
Welcome aboard.I'm just above you in Longview,Washington.There is a lot of cruisers out there to choose from.If like big engines then the liner version is the one.If you like speed with total customizing then a roadstar my be the one. If you just like to cruise then anything the star line up has will do an awsome job.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

#7 ·
I´m an ex-Portlander of many years. I got tired of the rain and could not see myself retired and wanting to ride everyday and all I had was 60' days of sun to look forward to. I lived up in North Portland but was born and raised in Gresham.
Mexico serves me well now for riding and cheap living.
Ride safe and welcome to the nut house.

#8 ·
Thank you guys for the responses, I do refer to Oregon as the Beaver State (go OSU!) but it is wet a bit much for my liking. Definitely need gear for any fall and winter riding. I was looking at a V Star 1100 in Idaho but alas it has been snatched up, we are going to look at a V Star 1100 Silverado today but the thing is this bike is for my fiance who is the one pushing this whole idea. I want a Road Star or Stryker or Raider.....too many choices! But its fun to look

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.