Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New rider from Vancouver BC

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Springer 
#1 ·
Hi all! After years of owning sports cars I just joined the ranks of motorcycle enthusiasts. So now my pleasure driving will be split between two-wheelers and four.

A neighbor who was moving north needed to sell the bike, so it seemed like the right opportunity for me to buy, cuz the price was right.

The bike is a 2006 V-Star 650 Classic, barely broken in with about 4,000 miles. Pearl white with whitewall tires and extra chrome on the fender tips etc... gotta wear shades to look at it or you'll burn your retinas. he he.

It doesn't need an oil change, or valve adjustment, or plugs, or anything that I can get my hands dirty doing. So I guess I'm in for a winter of buffing and polishing, until the first sunny days of spring.

Oh, and the name midnight rambler comes from a black jeep I used to own. Plus its a kick-a$$ song. ;)

#2 ·
Welcome aboard rambler. You got the perfect starter bike.....and purdy too!

Strongly recommend a motorcycle safety course while you're whiling away the Winter waiting for a ride. Safety is the most important thing....especially since riding a bike is so addictive.

Congrats!

#3 ·
Thanks Paddy. Yup, the motorcycle skills course is top of my list. It seems like they don't run 'em during the winter, so I'm trying to get into an early spring class. Riders I know say it's the best money they ever spent.

Gotta say I like the info on this forum... looking forward to being a regular!

#6 ·
Welcome aboard. Great bike to customize and make it your own.

#9 ·
So when does Spring arrive up there, June? :D
You must be thinking of the rest of Canada! :D

Here on the wet coast we can pretty much ride year round because there's seldom snow or freezing temps. Winter is mainly just a lot of rain... like Seattle or Portland. But there are a few nice days in store over the winter.

However, it'll be spring before I get to do the motorcycle safety course so I doubt I'll ride much before then. The bike just has storage insurance til March.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.