2015 V Star 1300 Tourer for sale - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

2015 V Star 1300 Tourer no longer for sale, but the saddlebags are!

Keeping it, but selling the stock saddle bags, bag frames and passenger floorboards.... read on. Well, I decided to keep it. I put it up for sale after buying my Roadmaster. I’ve been kicking around the idea of getting another bike for one up riding. I took the Vstar out for a ride tonight and man was it fun. I forgot how much fun it is to ride. Then the light went on..... make the Vstar my one up bike. I went home, took off the windshield, saddle bags and passenger floor boards. Back out for another ride and wow, giddy-up. Amazing what dropping 50 pounds and punching a smaller hole in the air will do. I’ll be posting an add to sell the bags, bag frames and passenger floorboards as a package. Basically everything listed here plus the floorboards and mounts. $850. Or make reasonable offer. Everything is in great shape.
Elk likes this.

Last edited by Mfb2287; 04-19-2018 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Price Change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

With spring around the corner, I wanted to bump the thread. This is a great bike, I wish I had room to store it.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 10:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfb2287 View Post
I bought this bike new in April 2017 (factory left over). I put 7000 miles on her including my 1200 mile round trip to Myrtle Beach Fall Bike Week. I've added a ton of extra goodies including; Yamaha driving lights, Yamaha tall passenger backrest, triple whammy run-turn-brake light kit with red LEDs, Cobra slip on muffler, Clearview 18" venter windshield, Lindby Linbar, USB port, and the Ultimate Seats rider and passenger seats with backrests, Michelin Commander II tires (1800 miles), passenger floorboards and luggage rack. The only structural change is a modification to the windshield bracket to allow leaning it back to fix the buffeting issues. The bike is super comfortable, I had no issues on the 600 mile day returning from Myrtle Beach. We are selling the bike because we wanted a larger touring bike better suited for long haul two up riding with plenty of cargo space, so we just bought a new Indian Roadmaster.

Two ways to buy this bike:
1 As is with all the goodies and all the original parts. $8300
2 With original parts back on the bike (windshield and driving lights stay on the bike) $6800

Pictures can be see at VSTAR 1300 For Sale
I wish you the best selling it. As a Star owner myself, I love seeing good resale values.

But honestly, you can bump it all you like but I doubt you're gonna get your price given Blue Book on it is $7K retail (from a dealer, reconditioned with warranty, etc).

I'd say you got a solid $5K worth of bike there. Maybe $5.5K in the season and the right buyer.

No agenda and not interested in it: just my advice from what I've seen.

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 07:05 AM

IMO $6,800 is a fair price with all the OEM parts back on as in option #2... at least that's the way I would consider buying it. But you never know, I've seen plenty of bikes sell above blue-book value if the planets align and the time is right.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 07:53 AM

Garage
If the bike was all stock I would agree the price is on the high side, but with all those options, it sounds about right.

The OPs bike with those options (seats, bars, Passing Lights, Cobra, etc.) is worth another $2K over the stock 1300T.

A 2014-15 stock 1300 Tourer is going for around $5-6K on Cycle trader in my area, so OP is asking $8,000 - it sounds like a reasonable deal.

Last edited by CountryB; 01-30-2018 at 07:58 AM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 08:26 AM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Well Accessories do not add anything to a bike when selling it by KBB or NADA. You would do better to sell it with stock items on it and sell the aftermarket items by themselves. For example. I just got my son's bike from a dealer for 4k. It KBBs at 4300. It has over 2k in accessories on it. EASY.

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 09:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Well Accessories do not add anything to a bike when selling it by KBB or NADA. You would do better to sell it with stock items on it and sell the aftermarket items by themselves. For example. I just got my son's bike from a dealer for 4k. It KBBs at 4300. It has over 2k in accessories on it. EASY.
Yeah, I usually find accessories you've added to the bike don't 'get money back' when you sell it (nor do I typically 'pay for' them when buying).

It's mostly just you gotta find someone who wants the exact accessories you picked the exact way you picked them, AND wants them bad enough to pay "extra" for them.

Think of it this way. Let's say we have two bikes that are similar in condition, configuration, etc. Call it two lower-mileage 2-3 year old large displacement v-twin cruisers:

A) Bike with $2K worth of accessories, all in good condition, priced in. It's maybe $1,500 - $2,000 more.
B) Bike with no accessories, just stock, priced that much less.

So assuming the underlying bikes are equal in all other regards, I'd need two things to consider A: 1) They were the EXACT accessories I wanted and all in great condition, 2) pro-quality installation, no crappy wiring or funky stuff. I -might- in that case justify paying near-new prices for used accessories as a trade-off between the time/effort to buy my own and install them.

Basically if even one thing on bike A isn't my bag, e.g. a premium seat I don't like, then A doesn't make sense for me any more. I'm paying for a seat I'm gonna pay to replace at that point.

But also bear in mind... A may fulfill ALL my conditions and I go with B anyway for something like... I prefer its color, it's windshield is a better height for me, etc. Or they're not exactly equal and I go with B because it has new tires vs. A's need replaced soon. Or it has 1,000 less on the odometer than A. Or whatever. With B I can always add my own brand-new accessories just exactly as I want them. I don't -lose- anything by going with B, so something minor can tip the scale because "Well hell, I can always add those same accessories for about what the guy's asking."

Now reverse that and say A and B are close in price. THEN it all changes... Maybe A is $500 more, so I'm basically getting the accessories at 25% of new - more realistic for used items. Suddenly there's a bit of room to say "I don't like that seat, but I am getting ALL that other stuff I do like, and it's all installed, and I'll come out ahead even having to buy my own seat."

That, IMO, is exactly why you 'rarely get much money out of' accessories (vs. their new cost) when you sell the bike.
Diogenes415 and Diogenes415 like this.

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons

Last edited by caseyjones; 01-30-2018 at 09:54 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 07:03 AM

Yep i agree with the above comments.
My bike had at least 1000 bucks worth of accessories. Viking bags, hypercharger, grips, windshield, highway pegs, cobra drag pipes, mustang fender chap and paid 2100 bucks for it.
Most of the money I spent on the bike was rear rim, new front tire, new front rotor, front and rear brakes, oil filter and oil. All maintenance items.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 12:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by road_slug View Post
Yep i agree with the above comments.
My bike had at least 1000 bucks worth of accessories. Viking bags, hypercharger, grips, windshield, highway pegs, cobra drag pipes, mustang fender chap and paid 2100 bucks for it.
Most of the money I spent on the bike was rear rim, new front tire, new front rotor, front and rear brakes, oil filter and oil. All maintenance items.
I'm the first to say if you can get the 'base' price for your bike AND get a significant value for the add-ons, more power to you! Kudos.

I just don't think it's gonna happen... usually.

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Well Accessories do not add anything to a bike when selling it by KBB or NADA.
actually NADA does have several options for accessories for pricing out used bikes.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode