5Likes
  • 2 Post By NGM
  • 2 Post By KCW
  • 4 Post By caseyjones
  • 2 Post By Digger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Must sell

I am eager to sell my 2012 Roadstar so I can shop for a new ride before spring. I have it priced to sell at $6,200.. the price is firm at $1,700 below book before extras. If anyone is interested you will buy this bike once you see it. Flawless like new condition, always garaged since new. 11,300 miles. All extras are Yamaha brand except driver back rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 06:45 PM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Got some pics, that will help sell it faster. GLWS
brittct and brittct like this.

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 06:51 PM
KCW

Garage
also this is a global forum - anyone's interest will depend on where on earth the bike is located.
NGM and NGM like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 11:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimehouseLizzy View Post
I am eager to sell my 2012 Roadstar so I can shop for a new ride before spring. I have it priced to sell at $6,200.. the price is firm at $1,700 below book before extras. If anyone is interested you will buy this bike once you see it. Flawless like new condition, always garaged since new. 11,300 miles. All extras are Yamaha brand except driver back rest.
Your 'book' price is based on 'retail' value. That's what a dealer can get for a fully cleaned & reconditioned bike in excellent condition. Like it or not, the fact remains a 'dealer' can get quite a lot more for a bike than you can as a private-party seller. That's partly pure perception/bunk, and partly that dealers tend to do things you can't/don't: fully clean, service & detail the bike, replace various 'wear' parts, offer a (short term) warranty, give buyers a sense that someone with 'something to lose' reputationally won't sell them a lemon.

I find the 'trade in' value (approx. $5,400 for your bike) is a far more realistic basis for private-party selling. My experience is that 'perfect' low-mileage flawless bikes sell for about that by private sellers, and it goes down from there for flaws (be realistic).

Just to be 100% clear, I am not anywhere near you, and I have ZERO interest in buying your bike: Absolutely no 'agenda' here. Just telling you what I know as guy who's a used bike dealer and buys hundreds of bikes from private sellers annually.

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 08:17 PM

Garage
Was actually shopping for one a couple of weeks ago. I have to agree with caseyjones on his valuation of your bike. I can get one with less miles from a dealer in my area for less than you're asking. Why would I buy yours when dealer will give me a short warranty and clean it up and be cheaper?
brittct and brittct like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode