2005 Classic 650/1100 windshield and sissy bar pad "studded" - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By spetro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Exclamation 2005 Classic 650/1100 windshield

I bought a Clearview windshield with a slight recurve to direct airflow. I sit to low for this windshield to be any value for me. Windshield comes with instructions and will bolt to stock windshield bracket. It is 21" and slightly tinted... BRAND New. I used it once yesterday and reordered a stock windshield.. If you are over 5'7" this will work nice. If you are shorter then that...don't buy it.

The windshield cost me $170. I'll let it go for $125. plus cost of shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	83424  

Last edited by spetro; 02-22-2019 at 10:17 AM. Reason: removing sissy pad pic..sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:43 AM
KCW

Garage
You dont like it because you would be looking thru the windshield instead of just over the edge?

There are two ways to put a windshield on a MC. If its just about even with your nose, you can look over it and see better, but then its a very tedious trail and error to get the angle and height just right, and often you need to add fork deflectors to get the air up over your helmet, to prevent head buffeting at highway speeds. If you are riding below 60mph (wind speed) buffeting is usually not an issue.

the easy way to avoid helmet buffeting is to get a taller windshield, that you look thru. It puts more wind load on the engine, and you have to keep it clear to see, but you will never feel like your head is locked in a paint can shaker.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
You dont like it because you would be looking thru the windshield instead of just over the edge?
Yep...I'm in the zone where I look through the recurve. I can put my hand on my helmet at 65 mph and feel no wind. The company that I bought it from will not accept returns after you peel the protective film off of it. Of course I read that part after I peeled the film off...duh
KCW likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Revised...added pictures since the stock windshield showed up.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 09:28 AM

Garage
I have an 08 1100 and the clearview site says yours will also fit an 1100 however I have a Memphis Shades slim windshield (17 inch) with their trigger lock brackets and not the OEM brackets that the clearview requires. Otherwise I would be all in since I need a taller one to help with buffeting. Good luck.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikearc095 View Post
I have an 08 1100 and the clearview site says yours will also fit an 1100 however I have a Memphis Shades slim windshield (17 inch) with their trigger lock brackets and not the OEM brackets that the clearview requires. Otherwise I would be all in since I need a taller one to help with buffeting. Good luck.
yeah...gotta have OEM brackets. Thanks for lookin'
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Sissy pad>>>>>sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode