2009 V-Star 1100 Silverado - LOADED - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

2009 V-Star 1100 Silverado - LOADED

This elegant, better-than-new bike is a real eye-popper. With just 1800 miles on it, the OEM accessories include windshield, saddlebags, and a passenger backrest.
Accessory add-ons include: engine guards, light bar, luggage rack, pullback risers, extended clutch and choke cables,and concealed charging cord (in saddlebag). Available but not installed: Kuryakin chrome front fender tip.
This powerful bike's low center of gravity gives it solid, sure-footed handling. It's a comfortable ride for a man or a woman. The current woman rider handles it easily. (So now she has her eye on a Harley-- go figure.)
$7,800. Bike is near Atlanta. Title in-hand. Sorry, no trades.
See photo at: http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/u...utyShot1SM.jpg

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoldebikerfarte; 07-19-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 12:10 PM

I just bought an 08 of this same bike. I rode a Harley 883 Sportster (please don't) and a 2000 Heritage Classic Softail. This bike is all that the Heritage is for less then 1/2 the price. Harley is a nice bike but I find it's more of a "cult" for lack of a better term. You should ride the bike that fits you. I'm 54 (was 45 starting out in 2001) 5' 2" .

The 1100 has all the "Zoom" of a Harley, just take all the badging off, put some wicked pipes, change the mirrors and the taillights and people will think it's a Harley....trust me.

What ever you do have fun

Linda
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

BINGO!!!
You hit it on the head, Linda.
My wife shamelessly admits, "It's the mystique-thing." What you and I would call a "cult" thing.
And she agrees there's not an ounce of difference in the riding of the two bikes (Softail Deluxe - $18K)).
But it's HER bike and her money. Besides, there's something cool about being married to 50-year-old Harleychick.

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoldebikerfarte; 07-19-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 01:20 PM

Deluxe, beautiful ride. If she has the chance, take it out for the day first. Even if it's a private sale go to a dealer & make like your interested, they should have a demo bike that she can take out. I know it's the lowest seat of the Harleys but the weight will make a difference. If I had'nt been hit I'd still be on the Heritage.

Yeah, I liked be'n the ol chick that rode a "Big Girl" bike too.

When someone would ask "is that yours?" the answer was "let's see.....my ass is on it....I paid for it......yeah, it's mine"

If they asked "What does your husband ride?" the answer was "husband?, honey, I have a Harley, I do'nt need a husband. I can have any boy I want"

What ever the Mrs decides have fun. GA, beautiful, would love see it some day.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroomstar View Post
GA, beautiful, would love see it some day.
Just not in July or August, vstar...
We're dying down here. -OBF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode