Metzeler Marathon ME880 Tires for Yamaha Roadliner -- 50% off - $250 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Metzeler Marathon ME880 Tires for Yamaha Roadliner -- 50% off - $250

Metzeler Marathon ME880 tires (front and rear).

Front tire: 130/70 R 18 M/C 63H
Rear tire: 210/50 ZR 17 M/C (78W)

This is the recommended tire pair for the Yamaha Roadliner from Metzeler. The Marathon ME880 tire is a great tire.

Metzeler's premium line dedicated to cruiser and heavy touring bikes
Featuring high-tech construction with fashionable design
Soft compound for high grip allowing to exploit great torque output with total control
Machine-specific carcass construction for exceptional riding comfort and stability at all speeds, even under heavy load
Tread pattern design with offset central groove's alignment providing very high mileage for never-ending riding fun

Bought these tires new, and have since sold the bike. Retail price is $500. Selling for $250 for the set (plus $20 shipping to anywhere in the US). These tires are brand new. Never installed.

(not sure how to attach an image, but send me a PM and I'll email you pics of the tires).

- Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 12:21 AM

WOW..
I JUST bought and installed tires on my Roadliner.. how will it handle with the big tire in the rear?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Ride quality

Good question!

There isn't too much difference in ride quality. I actually liked the bigger tire on the rear for (1) appearance and (2) seemed a bit more "stout" or solid when riding on grooved highways (which we have a ton of here in California).

The larger rear tire, does make turn in slightly slower. So, if you were going to race the bike or enjoy grinding the foot boards on the ground around every corner then the larger tire takes a bit more effort.

I should also state that this is Metzeler's recommended tire for the bike if you want a bit more aggressive look. So, its tire manufacturer recommended and a lot of people run it.

- Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:34 PM

Nice

I had a 200 on the rear and a 120 on the front when I got it, I think that is the Warrior sizes, but I wanted to see what Stock felt like then go from there.
Thanks for the info, that bike must've looked HOT.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 08:06 PM

do you still have these tires for sale? if so, if you never installed them, are you positive they will fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indermue View Post
Metzeler Marathon ME880 tires (front and rear).

Front tire: 130/70 R 18 M/C 63H
Rear tire: 210/50 ZR 17 M/C (78W)

This is the recommended tire pair for the Yamaha Roadliner from Metzeler. The Marathon ME880 tire is a great tire.

Metzeler's premium line dedicated to cruiser and heavy touring bikes
Featuring high-tech construction with fashionable design
Soft compound for high grip allowing to exploit great torque output with total control
Machine-specific carcass construction for exceptional riding comfort and stability at all speeds, even under heavy load
Tread pattern design with offset central groove's alignment providing very high mileage for never-ending riding fun

Bought these tires new, and have since sold the bike. Retail price is $500. Selling for $250 for the set (plus $20 shipping to anywhere in the US). These tires are brand new. Never installed.

(not sure how to attach an image, but send me a PM and I'll email you pics of the tires).

- Kyle
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 09:38 PM

Not sure how to PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode