WTB - "JackerJig" and/or "Goheen Lift" for V-Star 950 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By lesblank

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
WTB - "JackerJig" and/or "Goheen Lift" for V-Star 950

The title pretty much says it all. There is a company Lazy Dawg Customs that offers a jig that lays on top of a standard motorcycle lift set up with the correct heights on the lift points for the bike - works around the engine being lower than the frame.

Also potentially interested in the bike stand from Goheen Garage. They don't seem to be around anymore - although Goheen Cycles is, and I suspect is the same people. I tracked them down on facebook and sent a message indicating possible interest in the lift, but that was just a few hours ago, so I haven't heard from them.

If anyone has either of the above items, or items that perform the same functions - i would very much be interested in hearing what you have.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 08:04 AM

Garage
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron58 View Post
Thanks - a little pricier than I expected it to be though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 08:03 AM

Garage
Those are actually pretty well priced considering they are made in the US and are made of quality steel. The guys making those aren't making much money on those items. I have a Jacker Jig and you would never be able to get one of those of the quality they are at lower prices. I used to run a small business for fun making custom products and it was low volume, it was expensive and so were the products.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron58 View Post
Those are actually pretty well priced considering they are made in the US and are made of quality steel. The guys making those aren't making much money on those items. I have a Jacker Jig and you would never be able to get one of those of the quality they are at lower prices. I used to run a small business for fun making custom products and it was low volume, it was expensive and so were the products.
For the Jacker Jig, I'm fine with that price - for the stand it's a bit higher than I was thinking. It's probably a fair price for the stand, just a bit higher in cost than the value I would get out of it. If i was storing for long periods, that would be one thing, but this is more just for oil changes and that type of thing. If I can get a Jacker Jig, for the short times it would be up in the air, I can get away with the jig for now - or at least I would want to try it before spending $160 on a stand. If no one around here has a Jacker Jig they aren't using (which is unlikely), then hopefully I'll hear back from the guy making them. It's only been a day or so and over the weekend to boot.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 06:09 PM

Garage
For oil changes this works great. https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...-oil-drain-pan Picked one up a few years ago at the Local Harley dealer, you can change the oil on the kickstand no problem.

I use one of these to lift the bike up a tad for minor maintenance and tires, etc.

https://www.redlinestands.com/catalo...er-stand-p-755

You usually can get them from many places
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 06:35 PM

Garage
I've got a simular drain pan and works great. To me it hard to change oil with bike on jack as the jack is in the way. I just lay on my side to change oil.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
I've got a simular drain pan and works great. To me it hard to change oil with bike on jack as the jack is in the way. I just lay on my side to change oil.
Does the oil fully drain if the bike isn't level?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:38 PM

Garage
For my oil drain pan to clear better I put a 2x4 under kick stand. Bike is still very stable. The ounce or two of old oil left in engine is OK by me. You can not get all the oil out.
MattF and MattF like this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode