Windshield V Star 950 Med or Tall - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Authentic Poser
  • 2 Post By NorthernRider
  • 1 Post By Authentic Poser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Windshield V Star 950 Med or Tall

I've got the OEM windshield & mounting hardware but my bike came with the short windscreen.
I need a med or tall screen. Hardware not needed.
That is unless you got the quick release hardware you want sell.

Hickory North Carolina
2012 V Star 950 Tourer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 05:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Poser View Post
I've got the OEM windshield & mounting hardware but my bike came with the short windscreen.
I need a med or tall screen. Hardware not needed.
That is unless you got the quick release hardware you want sell.
You and I are in the same market. Seats and shields! Just today while coming home from work I slouched down a little to see what a taller windshield would do for me. It helped quite a bit. I wear a full face helmet and have flipped the face shield up to keep my head somewhat steady. It does help but I would like a slightly taller shield. Found some at Revzilla..About 160.00 Saw a nice deal on a seat and windshield on FB but I missed that one by a day. Oh well....Good luck in your search!

09 V Star 950

Be seen and be heard! Bright lights and loud pipes!

Enjoy the ride
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird58 View Post
You and I are in the same market. Seats and shields! Just today while coming home from work I slouched down a little to see what a taller windshield would do for me. It helped quite a bit. I wear a full face helmet and have flipped the face shield up to keep my head somewhat steady. It does help but I would like a slightly taller shield. Found some at Revzilla..About 160.00 Saw a nice deal on a seat and windshield on FB but I missed that one by a day. Oh well....Good luck in your search!
Hey Redbird58
I took my stock windshield and raised it up a notch on the frame. That raises it by about 4". Been riding with it that way for about 4 days now. For me it makes a big difference.
I know it's not designed to do that, but I wanted to try it just to see how much difference it made. It convinced me that I need a taller windshield.

Clearview makes one that is a direct replacement for the OEM windshield in 3 different heights. You can also get it 4" wider if you want. They start at $165.00. You can use your existing hardware.
This is probably how I'm going to go in the near future.
I want to make several mods to my bike to make it more comfortable for longer rides. There's only one thing stopping from getting this done all at once. It's that thing called money.
lesblank likes this.

Hickory North Carolina
2012 V Star 950 Tourer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 05:37 AM

Garage
If buffeting is your problem maybe a set of front fork lowers would help. A lot of air gets directed up under the windshield by your fuel tank and hits you in the chin area. A way to tell is if you put your hand down flat beside your tank to block the air. If it stops some of the buffeting fork deflectors would certainly help.
lesblank and Redbird58 like this.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernRider View Post
If buffeting is your problem maybe a set of front fork lowers would help. A lot of air gets directed up under the windshield by your fuel tank and hits you in the chin area. A way to tell is if you put your hand down flat beside your tank to block the air. If it stops some of the buffeting fork deflectors would certainly help.
Yeah
I got the lowers and that helped.
Once I raised up the windshield it is much better.
NorthernRider likes this.

Hickory North Carolina
2012 V Star 950 Tourer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode