Vstar 1300 muffler bracket - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Vstar 1300 muffler bracket

I'm looking for a stock muffler to frame aluminum mounting bracket for a Vstar 1300, anyone have one they're interested in selling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 04:55 PM

Smile bracket for 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs1300 View Post
I'm looking for a stock muffler to frame aluminum mounting bracket for a V Star 1300, anyone have one they're interested in selling?
I can not help with the muffler but was wanting to know has your bike had any issues of any kind. I was thinking of buying either the V Star 1300 or the V Star 950? I have been riding motorcycles since I was a little boy. I'm 56 now but I am looking to trade in my 1100 for something nice could you help please Arless
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Arless,
My background in motorcycling and age are very similar to yours.
I've been riding for ~40+years and I'm 53.

Anyway I can't give you an exact answer to your question, but I can give you a little info to help you decide. Both motorcycles are good dependable motorcycles. I don't own a 950 but I've read a number of reviews about them and I owned a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 custom before I bought the 1300 (for size comparison). The first thing to consider is what type of riding you do most of the time, and of course what looks you prefer. Personally, I like the "Custom" look as opposed to the retro "Classic" look. The 950 falls more on the custom looks than the 1300. I bought the 1300 because I wanted a bigger bike that was more comfortable for long rides and 2-up riding. I also had a preference for fuel injection and water cooling. The 950 is fuel injected but not water cooled. One thing I'd look at is the weights of the bike and are you going to be doing more in town riding or highway riding. The 950 is probably (don't know for sure) a little lighter and may be better suited for local traffic. This does not mean it's not suited for highway use, it will cruise fine on the highway at illegal speeds with no problem.

I would put some of this info in reference to the 1100. The 950 probably is similar or maybe a little less performance than your 1100. The 1300 is a much peaker peformance motor, although it has plenty of lower end, it likes to wind up a little more than the 950 or 1100. The 1300 also has a 5 gear overdrive which lowers the rpms at highway speeds. The 1100 5th gear is about the same ratio as the 1300 4th gear, so you won't feel like the motor is winding as high at highway speeds. I could probably go on with this, but this might help you to figure out what you want.

As another option, Star came out with the Stryker this year, it is a Custom with the 1300 motor on it.

Here's a couple of links that would be useful info about the Vstar 1300:
Someone on the Vstar1300riders link below has over 100,000 on a 2007 1300.

http://vstar1300riders.com/index1.html

http://www.1300tourer.com/

Good luck,
Russ

Last edited by rs1300; 12-06-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 02:56 PM

Smile which bike? V Star 1300 or V Star 950?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs1300 View Post
Arless,
My background in motorcycling and age are very similar to yours.
I've been riding for ~40+years and I'm 53.

Anyway I can't give you an exact answer to your question, but I can give you a little info to help you decide. Both motorcycles are good dependable motorcycles. I don't own a 950 but I've read a number of reviews about them and I owned a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 custom before I bought the 1300 (for size comparison). The first thing to consider is what type of riding you do most of the time, and of course what looks you prefer. Personally, I like the "Custom" look as opposed to the retro "Classic" look. The 950 falls more on the custom looks than the 1300. I bought the 1300 because I wanted a bigger bike that was more comfortable for long rides and 2-up riding. I also had a preference for fuel injection and water cooling. The 950 is fuel injected but not water cooled. One thing I'd look at is the weights of the bike and are you going to be doing more in town riding or highway riding. The 950 is probably (don't know for sure) a little lighter and may be better suited for local traffic. This does not mean it's not suited for highway use, it will cruise fine on the highway at illegal speeds with no problem.

I would put some of this info in reference to the 1100. The 950 probably is similar or maybe a little less performance than your 1100. The 1300 is a much peaker peformance motor, although it has plenty of lower end, it likes to wind up a little more than the 950 or 1100. The 1300 also has a 5 gear overdrive which lowers the rpms at highway speeds. The 1100 5th gear is about the same ratio as the 1300 4th gear, so you won't feel like the motor is winding as high at highway speeds. I could probably go on with this, but this might help you to figure out what you want.

As another option, Star came out with the Stryker this year, it is a Custom with the 1300 motor on it.

Here's a couple of links that would be useful info about the Vstar 1300:
Someone on the Vstar1300riders link below has over 100,000 on a 2007 1300.

http://vstar1300riders.com/index1.html

http://www.1300tourer.com/

Good luck,
Russ
Thanks Russ for all the information, I have decided on the V Star 950. It weighs 616 lbs wet. And for around here town and short hops on the freeways will be perfect for what I will need. In short I love them both for different reasons. The V Star 1300 its a little bad ass out of the box. And the V Star 950 the way it [email protected]@ks, As though its moving when sitting still. Plus the sticker price is almost three thousand less than the 1300. Anyway as soon as I can break a way from here and I will go down to the local Japanese dealer and purchase a new 950. I think a black in color will suit me fine thanks again Arless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode