Windshield - Vstar 650 classic - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Windshield - Vstar 650 classic

Looking for a TALL windshield for a '99 Vstar 650.

I appreciate your time and sharing if you have a lead on a nice windshield.

Roger

Last edited by roger9841; 09-15-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: need to specify the size of windshield
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:29 AM

I'd like to know also. I have a Memphis Shades but I don't think it's the top of the line. It's a little short for me. I bought it from a 5'10" guy and I'm 6'3". The top of the windshield hits me about nose level probalby when it's all the way up.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Cool Wind shield - Tall

I am not understanding your response. The Memphis Shades FATS, have a variety of sizes. You can check their website at http://www.memphisshades.com/fats_metric.shtml

My girlfriend is 5-6 and her preference is to see through the wind shield. I ride a Goldwing with a Tulsa Windshield. However, when she rides behind me the wind buffetting bothers her over time.

This is her first bike and we all know that comes with some risk of dropping, etc. So I am looking for a lower cost, clean, used wind shield. Yeah, she has gone to the dealership and seen the brand new ones and I show her the price tags.. LOL.

When I returned to riding, I got a Vulcan 800A and loved it. But I must admit that I like the Classic Vstar just as much. I am looking forward to getting her on the road and riding together.

Oh the spending does not stop there... We will be looking at bike to bike communications, new helmets, and other stuff.

Ride safe rubber side down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:22 AM

Sorry, it was late when I wrote that. Mine is not a "Fats". I think mine is the "Speed Demon".

http://www.memphisshades.com/demon_metric.shtml

I like the Fats a lot better. Maybe down the road I"ll switch it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode