Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New to the Star family

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  kitwit54 
#1 ·
Just bought a 98 Royal Star. I have been an avid rider for almost 30 years, most on the big liter bikes. Comfort now becomes more inportant, as well as slowing down to see the sights that I so frequently missed. I hope to be able to share experiences throughout the forum, as well as learn techniques that are foreign to my usual way of doing things. I am ready to enjoy the Texas hills and windy roads more leisurely...

#5 ·
Welcome aboard. That's a fact about the pics. We all like pictures. We like to have fun here so sit back,hang on and enjoy.

#10 ·
Completely bypassed the pic rule... Here they are.

I spent the last three days taking the bike apart and cleaning. It was well worth the effort, as I have replaced all of the fluids, brakes, etc... It has a BUB exhaust system. I am unfamiliar with this name, however, they sound incredible. 4 into 4 system. It is now ready to ride, and the weatherman put rain for the entire week into the forecast... What a jerk! Hope the pics are pleasant.
Anybody know good tricks for valve adjustment?

Gregg

Attachments

#14 ·
I spent the last three days taking the bike apart and cleaning. It was well worth the effort, as I have replaced all of the fluids, brakes, etc... It has a BUB exhaust system. I am unfamiliar with this name, however, they sound incredible. 4 into 4 system. It is now ready to ride, and the weatherman put rain for the entire week into the forecast... What a jerk! Hope the pics are pleasant.
Anybody know good tricks for valve adjustment?

Gregg
Nice looking ride there! I just finished my valve adjustment and many other things as it is snowing here and cant ride anyways. I ended up replacing the valve cover gaskets and the 16 grommets that seal the mounting bolts. Remove the sparkplugs and the round cover on the LH side of engine to rotate the engine over by hand using a 3/4 inch socket i believe. Also buy the tool to compress the valve springs(makes life a lot easier) Feel free to ask me any questions while your doing it. Also a good time to clean the carbs and set the float levels.

#11 ·
Sweet looking scoot.That bike is in great shape for the age.Very cool exhaust,I bet that does sound awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.