Exhaust Road star - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Exhaust Road star

Just wonder does anyone know where I can get Stock exhaust for my 2006 road star 1700 I live in the Durham area Ontario. I have straight pipes on it now and they are just to loud. not sure what they are but I would trade for stock pipes. Gunner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 09:54 PM

exhaust

There is a set on E Bay, a salvage dealer. Starting bid is $90. Shipping is $26. Not sure if they will ship to Canada you can ask. No bids yet. Maybe someone here that has gone the other way may sell you their origional.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/yamah...Q5fAccessories

Dave
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerdave View Post
There is a set on E Bay, a salvage dealer. Starting bid is $90. Shipping is $26. Not sure if they will ship to Canada you can ask. No bids yet. Maybe someone here that has gone the other way may sell you their origional.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/yamah...Q5fAccessories

Dave
Thanks Linerdave for that info Gunner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

I was wondering if I get baffles for my pipes would that quiet it up any. I called J&P CYCLE and they said no . They wanted to sell me a new set of pipes could someone help Thanks Rick
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 01:14 PM

Gunner, do you still want stock pipes for your 1700? Have you gotten rid of the one that are on it now? Do you know if a 2008 Road Star will swap exhaust with your 2006? My son-in-law has a VERY low mile 2008 with the stock pipes on it and he wants his louder......

Thanks in advance!

Faithful Lifetime Member of the Sheepdogs.

DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Exhaust pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRYGSKI View Post
Gunner, do you still want stock pipes for your 1700? Have you gotten rid of the one that are on it now? Do you know if a 2008 Road Star will swap exhaust with your 2006? My son-in-law has a VERY low mile 2008 with the stock pipes on it and he wants his louder......

Thanks in advance!
Jerrygski I not sure if 08 will fit a 06. But this weekend I'm going to bike show in Toronto and I might try new baffles in my pipes. see if that Helps and I can find out about your 08 if they will fit mine. I will get back to you Rick
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 02:43 PM

Slip on muffler

Gunner,
I see J&P shows the same Bud slip on muffler for 99 thru 07. That might mean the exhaust changed when they went to Injection.

Don't know if you can install the baffles in your exhaust, if they were cut out or if one is available. Many aftermarket exhausts are louder then stock but I would think they would have to be not as loud with the baffles in. Guess we should give the sales person the benefit of doubt and say they meant to say you could not install the baffles. There are some mufflers that baffles are an option. There are some that people have cut them out.

Dave
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Well these pipes I got on it seem to striaght pipes no name on them . I took out the baffles that were in them which appeared hollow. they were about a ft. long and 2inch . I saw some vance & hines the same size should fit .And it said it would quiet 3-4 Dp so I was thinking of trying that . Rick
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 05:58 AM

Smile

I reduced to sound level of mine by buying drag pipe baffles from E-bay($15). I put them in the hollow babbles & tach welded them in place.

Great sound

Don-Mech Engr
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Re exhaust pipes

Thanks I traded the Roadstar in for a Venture and it was to Quiet so I put BUBS on it and it sounds great . thanks anyway for the info Gunner

drag pipe baffles from E-bay($15). I put them in the hollow babbles & tach welded them in place.

Great sound

Don-Mech Engr[/QUOTE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode