Purchased a 2008 Road star- a few questions - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Purchased a 2008 Road star- a few questions

I just picked up a 2008 Road Star Silverado. I am 5' 6" tall and see that it is more of a reach to get to the foot brake. Did anyone else work to modify the brake to get it closer to the rider? Most the sites I have come across deal with EXTENDING the brake pedal?

I am also wanting to put on LED headlight and passing lights on the bike. Is there any plug and play LED set ups that folks have been happy with?

This handles differently than my 1100. How are folks liking the slow maneuvering of the Road star? Perhaps it takes some getting used to but do you all feel it is a good handling bike?

Does it need an aftermarket shock or spring to make it "two up" worthy or is it OK as it is?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 12:44 PM

Garage
The Roadstar is a big, almost 800 lb. cruiser and handles like one. It will probably take a bit to get comfortable. I'm not aware of a shortened brake lever, and I do have the extended brake lever. Not necessarily a bad thing if it's a little reach, since it's pretty easy to lock up the back wheel when applying the rear brake too hard and too fast. I haven't really pursed LEDs and am not aware of any plug and play units.

You have some adjustability with the stock shock. I would adjust this to the max and see if it works for you. I did put a stiffer spring in both my bikes which helps with bottoming out with a passenger especially on the bike I have lowered.

https://www.baronscustom.com/catalog...570/index.html

https://dd5394a0b8ca8e97ba29-abf76f3...r_all_1565.pdf

Go to 3-15 for the shock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode