This was one of the reasons that I spent more time in the garage then on the computer. I've got a request to modify a Roadstar with some very special parts. The main issue was to get some Suzuki GSXR 600 wheels in the Roadstar and to widen the rear up to a 240 tire. And believe me, that was quit a challenge.
These were the original wheels, much smaller hub and the rear rim hase to become 18 inch 8J.
Front need two spacers to get de brake disc's about 40 mm to the outside, new kind of bearings because the axle's diameter was smaller as from our R*.
That was the easy part. The rear wheel was meant to use a chain instead of our belt. The connection with the silent blocks didn't fit, of course.
Left Roadstar, right Suzuki.
So I needed on one side the Suzuki hub connection and on the other side the R* connection to the rear pully.
These two connections bolted and glued together to a perfect new connection.
These are the new wheels.
So, its here 02:35 at night, I go for a small sleep. Tomorrow, no, today I'm going to dismantle a Stratoliner that gets a new paint job. This will be continued.