Crash Bar Help - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By brittct
  • 2 Post By afaycasaym
  • 2 Post By NGM
  • 4 Post By Mrdub

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Crash Bar Help

I am sure others have seen this. I believe in the old saying, too good to be true.
Does anyone have any input on these crash bars I found on ebay??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ENGINE-GUAR...BZ-r8D&vxp=mtr

I don't want the fatty bar, but this is cheap compared to the others I have found. Any advice??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 11:49 PM

Garage
At 1 1/4" it is a Fatty bar .. I have that size personally.. It only has to work once to be worth it's weight in GOLD.

I personally have a Lindby multibar 1 1/4" on my Vstar and having had the same one on my Shadow phantom when i went down because of a cager pulling a U turn in front of me ...I will say the $$ is worth spending it on any engine guard..

After the function looks are all about preference..

Just keep in mind as stated in the ad .. will not work with lower deflectors.. meaning it would stick out too far and make contact when turning if you have lowers on your bike already.

Mark

2008 Vstar 1300a - Cobra Fi2000r (removed)- Ivan's ECU Tune - Cobra slashdown pipes- Cobra air cleaner - Memphis batwing 9" spoiler windshield - Shark Audio speakers - Pyle amplifier - Baron Custom Accessories RSTD Handlebar - Lindby Custom Multibar Highway - Tsukayu hard saddle bags - accessory 12v lighter plug - LED driving lights - switchback LED front signals.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. I agree it will be worth it to have Crash Bars. My main concern is it not being name brand, will it be worth it or will it be junk as compared to a Cobra bar? Just hate to waste money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 09:37 AM

Garage
It says they allow returns, buy them, try them out, if you don't like them, send them back.
Lawdog and Lawdog like this.

Appalachian State Student Double Finance Major
2001 Vstar 650 custom
Custom paint
16" apes
Ride to live
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 09:55 AM

Garage
It's hard to determine the quality of the product from the photos on eBay. The seller does have a pretty high satisfaction rating. I've had both good and bad luck with aftermarket knock offs. This appears to be similar to the OEM bars. Unknown how the welds are and the quality of the chrome job (this would be a big concern especially if they're made in China). I'm more inclined to go with a known quality brand like Cobra or if you can find an OEM bar. Even with the OEM bars, they won't work with Yamaha's lowers if that is a consideration. There are other lowers that will work if you're going that direction. Good luck!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 05:34 PM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

I will always go with quality on things like that. My wife went down this morning on her Fatboy. The crash bar saved the bike. I am installing another Harley bar on it since I saw how good it did at 30 mph.

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 08:57 PM

Garage
NGM hope she's ok..

This was in 2015 when i was cut off by a minivan pulling a U turn in front of me. I locked it up but he stopped across the lane so i put it down. Speed limit was 80kph (50mph). I was at speed when i locked it up and put it down. Engine guard did it's job and i walked away from this one.

In the last pic on the far right you can see where the intersection is and my skid mark trying to slow down... after putting the bike down i ended up sliding through it.. bike went 2x's as far ..

First pic is the Lindby Multibar after removed from the bike.
Second pic is the bike after the accident.
Third is how much the bar held and bent from going down on it.

Like i said. The engine guard only has to the job once to be worth there weight in GOLD !!!

Lawdog Pick the guard of your choice but know it only has to work once to do it's job. That bar your looking at is a one piece so the only welds are the mounting tabs. Like i said it only has to work once..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150717_121256.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	78610   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150704_115007.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	78618   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150704_115030.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	78626   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150704_skid.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	78634  
brittct, brittct, Lawdog and 1 others like this.

Mark

2008 Vstar 1300a - Cobra Fi2000r (removed)- Ivan's ECU Tune - Cobra slashdown pipes- Cobra air cleaner - Memphis batwing 9" spoiler windshield - Shark Audio speakers - Pyle amplifier - Baron Custom Accessories RSTD Handlebar - Lindby Custom Multibar Highway - Tsukayu hard saddle bags - accessory 12v lighter plug - LED driving lights - switchback LED front signals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode