2009 Road Star exhaust suggestions wanted - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

2009 Road Star exhaust suggestions wanted

I have cruised the net for exhaust systems for this bike. It seems that Vance and Hines Big Shots are the most prevalent out there, but my dealer says they install alot of Hard Krome. What do you guys suggest to give a better sound (stock is downright whimpy sounding)performance jump wouldn't hurt my feelings. Prefer non-blueing, but they all say that,don't they?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 05:43 PM

Try YouTube for your bike and exhaust. There are lots of vids so you can hear it before you buy it. Most that say non blueing ust a chrome shield coering the actual pipe so it never gets heated enough to blue it.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

THX for the reply FullTilt1. I am leaning heavy toward the Hard Chrome 3" Big Straights. They sound good. Should one pick straight through or perforated baffles?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder56 View Post
I have cruised the net for exhaust systems for this bike. It seems that Vance and Hines Big Shots are the most prevalent out there, but my dealer says they install alot of Hard Krome. What do you guys suggest to give a better sound (stock is downright whimpy sounding)performance jump wouldn't hurt my feelings. Prefer non-blueing, but they all say that,don't they?
Nice bike!! i have the 2009 as well, my friend has an 07 and he put BUBS long shots and its the most deepest, powerful rumble i have ever heard. I want them for my roadie but they dont make them for 08-09 as of yet. i also like the V & H long shots and will more then likely put those on. Good luck!

Gargrey1700
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 09:56 PM

I just went to the Hard Krome website and they are only showing 99-03 Road Star 1600 pipes. Where did you see them?
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 10:15 PM

Speed star

Have you looked at Yamaha's Speed Star stage one two and three? Stage three promises 50% increase of power.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/...speedstar.aspx

Dave
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltilt1 View Post
I just went to the Hard Krome website and they are only showing 99-03 Road Star 1600 pipes. Where did you see them?
http://www.westendmotorsports.com/ha...e-p-15232.html
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder56 View Post
Should take a look at Freedom performance exhaust. I did and i liked them also, you can youtube the sound. I bought the 'true duals with the shark tail fins and they sound awsome on my 2009 roadie 1700cc. just totally awsome.

http://www.freedomperform.com/shop/?...=3&category=14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4WIisf1lsE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode