aftermarket fairings? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

aftermarket fairings?

Has anyone put one on a Roadstar? Looking for reviews, feedback, any info I can find. I've been looking into putting one on my 1700.

Thanks and good riding to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 10:02 AM

I've been considering the memphis shades Batwing. At first I was a little skeptical because it is so much cheaper than any other fairing out there , but my local dealership has on set up on a v-star 1100 classic and it is actually a really nice unit. It only comes in black , but you can paint it any color you want. It's about $450 all together with the mounts and compared to corbin thats a steal. It will also accept harley 3 bolt windshields so you can get different size windshields for it. The corbin is also very nice , it just depends how much you want to spend.

SMELL MY FINGER

RED BIKE CLUB It's Lonely At The Top
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

I've been looking at that one too. I'm also looking at the ones they have on flea-bay. I wish I could find one that I could actually look at in person. You say you have actually seen the Memphis Shade model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 02:00 PM

Yes, I have actually seen the memphis shades and it is a nice piece especially for the price. I have a memphis shades fats on my liner and they are good quality. I was thinking of switching to the batwing because I like the look of a fairing but I don't want to spend $1500. If I go with the batwing I can switch between the batwing and windshield.

SMELL MY FINGER

RED BIKE CLUB It's Lonely At The Top
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 09:26 PM

If you want a batwing i just put one on my 03 roadstar from Recklessmotorcycles.com it comes with cutout for stereo and choice of speakers, excellent quality fiberglass and you paint to match your bike great fit and choice of windshields check out their website.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 09:21 PM

Pinky - did you get the fairing with or without the stereo. If you got it with the stereo, how does it sound?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 09:35 PM

Hey sorry for the delay in getting back, I got mine without the stereo and put in a sony marine unit with marine speakers, the cost was less then what they were asking and was easy to install myself, sounds great, can crank it and easily hear it at hyway speeds!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info on the Memphis Shade one HTMNKYLVE. My wifes bike has a Memphis Shade windshield on it, and that would be a cool option to switch back and forth.

Thanks for the additional info Pinky. I'm going to look into those as well. I've also been looking at the ones that are on ebay. How does it mount on your bike? I guess what I'm wondering is, how easily can a person take it off for an evening cruise through town?

Last edited by CastleRocker; 07-30-2010 at 09:50 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 07:12 AM

I bought my bike used. It's an 06 Strat. When I bought it, it already had a Batwing fairing on it. It's made by "Wide Open Customs". Here's a link...

http://www.wideopencustom.com/dotnet...0/Default.aspx

Fat Strat
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 09:03 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode