Stealth batwing fairings - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Stealth batwing fairings

Just purchased a Stealth Batwing fairing from USA Trailers thru ebay. The supplied mounts are plenty sturdy but in no way work with the detachable silverado windshield mount as indicated. Need help locating mounts. Would like to retain the ability to quickly detach the fairing.

Anyone have experience with these? and yes, before anyone says it, I should have spent the money for a Reckless fairing with their mounts. You know what they say about hindsight!
bullboy0852 and bullboy0852 like this.

A wise man once said, "When ya gotta go , ya better go, cause when ya get there ya may find ya done been!" That can't be good.

2005 Road Star Midnight Edition (Black)
Memphis Shades Batwing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 02:50 PM

I've heard rumors that the Stealth fairing is an exact copy of the Reckless. Not sure how true that is but from what I have seen, they both mount the same way. Are you trying to mount it to the quick release windshield mounts? I know with the Reckless, it only mounts to the standard windshield brackets but won't work with the quick release mounts.

BLUE BIKE CLUB

2008 ROAD STAR

2008 KAWASAKI KLR 650

2014 Triumph Tiger 800 XC

My ride videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/roadstarblue/videos

Never run out of traction, ideas, and real estate at the same time.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

I've heard the same about Reckless, but Reckless won't sell their mount system without a fairing.

I am trying to stay with quick release but not that important. I guess a more permanent mounting would better deter theft of both fairing and stereo.

I found an inexpensive set of OEM mounts today. Think I might have a reasonable solution. I'll know in about a week.

A wise man once said, "When ya gotta go , ya better go, cause when ya get there ya may find ya done been!" That can't be good.

2005 Road Star Midnight Edition (Black)
Memphis Shades Batwing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 01:59 PM

Fabricate a set using a 'brake' and stainless sheet metal. Go to a sheetmetal, air duct or hot rod shop, they will make the bends for you.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 12:43 PM

Reckless fairing

I have one of the a Reckless fairings on my 2005 Roadstar and it mounted it straight to the OEM Yamaha windshield bracket. Took less than 5 minutes to mount. It comes with 4 screws protruding from fairing. Not sure why u need quick release? How long does it take to take off 4 washers, 4 lock washers and 4 nuts! I'll leave that to you MIT people. Took this Texas redneck less than 5 minutes unassisted!

You tell 'em I'm coming and hell's coming' with me!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 09:21 AM

I was about to say anything is possible with the correct amount of time and determination. That and measuring a lot. If you're not up to it then take it to a shop around you and I am sure they will gladly get it done for you. Just make sure you get a time quote on installation so you don't get screwed.

When I replaced my stock spring on my 1100 I looked at it that I could do it myself and take three to four hours plus taking it in to a shop to actually swap the springs out or call arounds.

A shop half a mile from my house quated me 60 bucks so I mounted up and went up there. Watched as he did the work they hate that but it keeps them from screwing around and adding extra time. Heck I pitched in a hand a few times as it was more like a two person job getting the barron spring on.

2007 V star 1100 Classic flat black bagger.

SOLD 1999 Bobber https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=39129

2002 Roadstar Midnight.
Currently bone stock going to be a bitchin bagger in progress. Already at the shop gettting a custom 2 into 1 exhaust.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 12:48 PM

reckless

Just purchased a reckless by others reviews, Should hve looked into it deeper, And the fairings that I saw on ebay reassemble it greatly, although Im betting the quality and warranty going through ebay is way better. Ive had this firing to my bodyman 3 times to fix this thing, Yeah the mounts are nice. although my fairing rubs my headlight bucket, very noticeable difference in the front from left to right. the inner speaker buckets are about a inch longer on one side than the other and the inner fairing on the left side has a totally different shape from one side to the other under the outer speakers. Not only is their quality poor, there customer support is ranked evenly with their quality. Basically, I was told to live with it. or they could take this one back as long as I pay shipping to them and for the new one, which they assured me would be just like what I got.
After looking at the fairings on ebay out of texas, they do resemble reckless, but from what I can see a far superior product. looked like they were actually even. if you want quality void reckless, wide open, or any of the other competitors are def a step up, you get what you pay for. personally I think I would do the ebay one verses reckless any day of the week. have plenty of pics of the inside and outside of the reckless, sent them to reckless as well.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 07:32 AM

I just Installed a Reckless fairing on my 08 Roadstar and could not be happier . I ordered with the Infinity Blue tooth ,Rockford Fosgate Amp 6X9 polk speakers, and had Reckless paint to match the quality and fit are awesome looks factory and the sound is amazing . To mount took a couple of mins and to wire took about 1/2 hour three wires .
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
I just Installed a Reckless fairing on my 08 Roadstar and could not be happier . I ordered with the Infinity Blue tooth ,Rockford Fosgate Amp 6X9 polk speakers, and had Reckless paint to match the quality and fit are awesome looks factory and the sound is amazing . To mount took a couple of mins and to wire took about 1/2 hour three wires .
Thats because the fairing you got was the new injection molded design they just changed to. Better hope ya never have a warranty issue.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artstoy View Post
Thats because the fairing you got was the new injection molded design they just changed to. Better hope ya never have a warranty issue.
I got mine in Feb. love it. I have heard many people who have had to deal with them after the purchased and were well taken care of.

I bought one of those knock offs from ebay and they are no way shape or form made as well as the Reckless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode