Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Show off your Road Star here! Pics please

78K views 284 replies 112 participants last post by  cliftonchism 
#1 ·
Show off your bike here! multiple pics are welcomed

#28 ·
@callred It came with it so I don't know if it helps performance. It looks ok, no problem with that, but it's in the way. My leg rests against it, that bothers me slightly. Not sure if the stock piece has a lower profile.

I'm looking at a 2000 V-Star with 7000 miles, haven't seen it personally yet, photos look good. They are asking 2990, seems a bit high to me what do you think? I need my son to upgrade from his 100cc scooter so we can ride together. Take a look, please.

http://www.proud2ridemotorcycles.co...tore/101831-yamaha-xvs650-v-star-classic.html

#31 ·
@GEZ, looking at the Classic, the tail cones are sure as heck clean ;-) And at 7500 hundred miles I'd be more concerned with deterioration that over use. But that's a very good price on for one in that condition. In one picture the rear tire has dry cracks so expect a new set of tires right off. Check seals very closely...

I took my 650 out over the weekend and remembered just how much I enjoyed riding that little beast. It's done the Dragon with me so many times I think it can do it on it's own. They're great bikes and can be customized like the Roadies can.

By the way, mine has 24,400 miles on it, it's an '04 and I'm selling it for 2100.00 so the 3k being asked isn't too bad really. Granted, I have some additions like the Hyper-charger, HK 2.75 pipes and a new Memphis Fats shield. Maybe they'll step down a hair.

As for the Hyper Charger, yeah, they do stick out more and you get used to them, but I like the lower profile of the stock on my RS better.

#37 ·
GHerron 2012

Cogra exhaust
power commander V
spike intake
custom seats
lowering kit
t-bars with avon grips
kuryakyn floorboards, shift peg, brake pedal and mega horns
remote control LED's
chromed front, rear wheels and pulley. polished rotors
smoked turn signals
tank bra
700w polk audio
alarm sys
custom chrome engine parts
removed AIS
custom license w/flags and blue LED's
tri bar head and passing lamps w/PIAA white/blue lamps

Attachments

#51 · (Edited)

last one when i had the skinny b%^*# bar on it

#53 ·
My new 09 Roadie

#54 ·
2005 Silverado

Sold my 06 V-Star when I bought the Road Star a couple of months ago. It only had 7400 miles on it. I'm loving this bike. I've already put 3000 miles on her. Guess I need to update my profile pic next.

Attachments