E.D. Seat - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Talking E.D. Seat

Ok so I bit the bullet and bought my E.D. seat. I went on vacation last week and low and behold when I got home it was sitting on my doorstep. I had no clue it would arrive so fast! I received within a week of ordering it and it was shipped from Canada. We got it on and I am dying to go for a long ride or a ride at all on it. I did get a little closer to the ground not as close as I would have liked but every little bit helps. I am going to commute the rest of the week to work on it and then give it a longer ride this weekend. I cant wait to test it out and hope it does not make my arse hurt!

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. ~Author Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie View Post
Ok so I bit the bullet and bought my E.D. seat.

I've never heard of buying a seat for E.D.

Do let us know how it works out?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

E.D. Seat photo

Very Funny! I just dont understand why someone would name their business with those initials but hey people remember it. Ok so I rode her today for the first time. Can I just say wow what a different experiance! I can flat foot my right foot now backing out of my garage. It felt a little weird at first but I am in love after my quick ride to work. Also, with the back on the seat it keeps me from sliding back when I take off at a light which means I dont have to pull myself back forward everytime. Now to try to for a longer ride this weekend and see if I compromised on the comfort.

I attached a photo of the seat mounted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1321.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1023  

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. ~Author Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 01:33 PM

Look, I know you can't have E.D. with a bike like that. Congrats on the bike and can I just say, DAMN NICE PAINT JOB! Submit for bike of the month NOW!

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -- Benjamin Franklin
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Jarhead1100;33727]Look, I know you can't have E.D. with a bike like that. Congrats on the bike and can I just say, DAMN NICE PAINT JOB! Submit for bike of the month NOW![/QUOTE

Thank you very much she is coming along with the customizations that I am doing. I am a marine brat (fathers purple heart from Vietnam sits on my wall as a reminder everyday), tea party patriot and proud American. I am a strong beliver in my 2nd Amendment rights and the bullet cassing screws cover that (yep I take her to the gun range just havent figured out how to get my shot gun there yet).She fits my personality well.

As for the E.D. issue I am a girl so I hope I dont have that problem anyway. LOL

I did notice with the seat since I am short that I rested my legs against the pipes twice. Its because it is narrower but it pushes me forward. Hopefully I can get used to that soon.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 07:21 AM

[quote=newbie;33751]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead1100 View Post
Look, I know you can't have E.D. with a bike like that. Congrats on the bike and can I just say, DAMN NICE PAINT JOB! Submit for bike of the month NOW![/QUOTE

Thank you very much she is coming along with the customizations that I am doing. I am a marine brat (fathers purple heart from Vietnam sits on my wall as a reminder everyday), tea party patriot and proud American. I am a strong beliver in my 2nd Amendment rights and the bullet cassing screws cover that (yep I take her to the gun range just havent figured out how to get my shot gun there yet).She fits my personality well.

As for the E.D. issue I am a girl so I hope I dont have that problem anyway. LOL

I did notice with the seat since I am short that I rested my legs against the pipes twice. Its because it is narrower but it pushes me forward. Hopefully I can get used to that soon.
Well, knowing that you are of the female persuasion I guess I was right in saying that there's no way you can have E.D.

Semper Fi and I can't wait to see what other mods are coming!

If not for all the tree hugging, flower sniffing, cloud hoppers you could just chop the butt stock off that shot gun and it would be real easy to get it to the range! Then again, you can still easily transport your pistols or an AR-15 with a collapsible stock

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -- Benjamin Franklin
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 05:45 PM

Newbie I want to know about your seat.

OK, let me rephrase that: how was your seat on the weekend ride.....? Still happy with it? Comfortable? No monkey but? Comfortable with the riding position?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Ok I love this seat! We road from San Diego to Santa Barbara on the way up. We took the very scenic route with traffic and it was about a 6 hour ride. We had different weather and so I got to try it with my chaps on even for awhile. It was awesome. It was comfortable no problems. On the way home we just rode freeway. After a long eventful weekend of both riding all weekend and all the events of the wedding I was tired. My butt did not bother me but I need notice my shoulders were getting tired. The big test will be at the end of the month when we make the ride to Reno for Street Vibrations we are planning a 12 hour ride each way.

Oh and I got to try out my heat demons we installed. Of course I could not feel it as well with my heavy riding gloves but once I took my gloves off or used my warm weather you could really feel the heat.

Thanks for asking!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode