Finally found one! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Finally found one!

We were on our way home from the star demo rides in sacramento when we decided to stop by Redbluff Yamaha and see what they had. We missed them being open by about 20 minutes, but looked in the window and saw the 2013 impact blue Roadstar Silverado S

The dealership was closed until tuesday... urgh
we got up yesterday morning at 4am lol and we were at the dealership by 9 am (we live 130 miles away in the mountains)
I walked in and looked over at that blue beauty and told the sales guy "You have my bike sitting there" lol
I guess he had gotten my email saturday, he was glad to see us and my pearl white stryker stayed there and Sapphire came home.

I couldn't be happier with this bike.
I am not a small woman, short yes but not petite by any means, and this bike just fits me extremely well.
No discomfort from my horse related back and tailbone injuries and I rode that bike 200 miles yesterday, and today I feel great.
Handles like a dream. I look forward to many many miles with this bike.
Plenty of storage in the hard bags... I finally have a big enough 'purse' on my bike lol
the Highway lights in addition to the headlight are fantastic and make night riding in these mountains much less scary
it just owns the road, regardless of what sort of road it is...
It feels cushy and comfy and like an old friend... I would recommend this bike to any lady rider looking for a comfy tourer that has the power to go the distance and the comforts we like to have on long rides.
Mine will have a luggage rack, and the taller sissy bar in a few days, and a windshield bag... these are the only accessories I felt it needed at the time. Eventually a driver's backrest will also be added.
we will switch out the sissy bar for the shorter one when not doing long trips, just need the taller one for hanging the luggage on lol

This is a great bike... best bang for the buck I have spent on a motorcycle. We got a good price since it was a left over '13 and had been previously prepped when someone had put a deposit on it. That person wound up not being able to get it, so it was all ready to go for us when we arrived

Ladies of Star member
2013 Impact Blue Roadstar Silverado S

Sometimes it's harder to challenge yourself,
then to face the challenge it's self.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 12:50 PM

Garage
Congrats on the new purchase! Now we need some pics of it, or Annie will be assembling the pic whores! Lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 01:09 PM

Garage
Congrats on bringing Saphire home with you. She sure looks good. I'm also looking at a leftover Roadstar but can't seem to bring myself to pulling the trigger. I'm hoping one of my buds will let me drive his so that I can say yes and make an offer. My 1100 is very nimble and I can make that machine dance like there's no tomorrow. I wonder if I could do the same with the roadstar. Thinking, thinking, thinking.....

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 03:43 PM

Same color as my wife's V-Star
Beautiful Bike !

2009 Road Star Candy Red
Patriot Guard Rider
Custom Flag Mounts
Speedstar Pipes
Yamaha Quick Release Windshield
Saddleman Renegade Seat
Bakup Backrest
Yamaha Sissy Bar
Tour Classic Bags
Baron Engine Guard
Yamaha Chrome Lowers
3.5" Risers
2nd Brake Light & Brake Light Modulator
Black Iso Grips
Kuryakyn Throttle Assist
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
Congrats on bringing Saphire home with you. She sure looks good. I'm also looking at a leftover Roadstar but can't seem to bring myself to pulling the trigger. I'm hoping one of my buds will let me drive his so that I can say yes and make an offer. My 1100 is very nimble and I can make that machine dance like there's no tomorrow. I wonder if I could do the same with the roadstar. Thinking, thinking, thinking.....
This bike is extremely nimble, you forget at times you are actually riding a heavy cruiser. It dances and dodges obstacles, and does really slow maneuvers 2 up or single rider equally well.
It is very very well balanced, and like I said, most of the time I completely forgot I was actually riding a bike that weighs in at almost 800 lbs lol
I live on really twisty roads up here, 15 and 25 mph corners and the road is not always perfectly paved. Sometimes there are cows deer bears etc making the ride interesting...
the grades can be steep and you have to go pretty carefully because of all the cagers that think "oh gee I am out in the forest, I can take my half out of the middle, no one else could possibly be on the road!"
the Roadie handles it all with ease and comfort and just basically owns the road, any road you ride it on.

pics are of my Sapphire and Toby's Tyger (2011 Star Stryker)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140722_202036.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	34154   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140722_201906.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	34162  

Ladies of Star member
2013 Impact Blue Roadstar Silverado S

Sometimes it's harder to challenge yourself,
then to face the challenge it's self.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode