FLH (harley road king) fender. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

FLH (harley road king) fender.

Ok so I had a pretty busy weekend and thought I would give a how to on this

First find a fender... Craigslist score for 40 bucks new just sitting in this guys chop shop. He even ground the surface rust off for me...

Step two unbolt the old fender...

Next get an old water hose cut 6 strips about 4-5 inches long tape to tire. Lay the fender on the tire. I did this with my bike on a jack to make sure it sat straight.

Tape the fender in place and make sure it doesnt move. Get a dowel rod that fits through the bolt holes of the lower fork put some black tape on the tip and push through to mark your drill holes.

Next center punch and drill the holes simple. I took the mounting tab from the old fender and cut it off with a cutting wheel just the strip that connects to the fork leg where the bolts attach.

Took the whole thing to my friends shop and he tac welded the piece on from the back side of the fender. Next make some 5/8" spacers for the fender to the fork leg I just used round stock from home depot and welded them on. I used the stock bolts to hold them in place.

After that I measured the new distance went to the hardware store got four new M8 1.25 tooth stainless bolts about an inch longer than stock and bolted it up.

If you want to run a 21" wheel you will need to space the fender mount to the same spot as the stock harley mounts. I am keeping my 16" up front as I don't like paying an arm and a leg for front tire and really dont feel like dicking with anything else on the bike.

It gives the front a more lowered look without being lowered and will look even better when painted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	abcdefg.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	35017   Click image for larger version

Name:	abcdefgh.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	35025   Click image for larger version

Name:	abcdefghi.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	35033  

2007 V star 1100 Classic flat black bagger.

SOLD 1999 Bobber https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=39129

2002 Roadstar Midnight.
Currently bone stock going to be a bitchin bagger in progress. Already at the shop gettting a custom 2 into 1 exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 11:34 AM

looks pretty good man

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode