I am now the proud owner of an '02 R* 1600 :) - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

I am now the proud owner of an '02 R* 1600 :)

--Howdy :-)

I'm not new to the forums, was previously on the 650 V-* and traded up. Went through 3/4 of the 1st tank of dealer gas on my first day of riding already

The stock seat is just torture for me - any recommendations on gel pads, etc (trying to keep below ~$120 cuz I still have to sell my old 650's Mustang seat) -- TIA

/ will post pic(s) when available
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 12:03 PM

Garage
Smile

Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Happy to have you join us and look forward to reading your posts and seeing pics of your bike. Great bunch of people here with knowledge and patience to help everyone with their rides. Post often and ride safe.

Working on my 'bucket list' and enjoying every minute of it!!

Old V Star Man
2007 V Star 1100 Classic
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 06:10 PM

Garage
Hi Wolf, I join my fellow member, OVSM in welcoming you to the forum. I will be looking forward to your pics. You mentioned you traded up, so what did you trade up to? A newer 650? Inquiring minds want to know,lol. Ride safe, and in looking for gel pads, theyre all over many motorcycle websites such as cruiser customizing, ebay, and so on. Shop around as there can be many differences in prices. Let us know what you find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 07:28 PM

The only thing in that price range is a seat cushion like the Air Hawk. Some people like them, but I'd save my money and be on the lookout for a used E.D. or Ultimate. They're typically around $170-200 when they come up, but I think they're the best.

Saddlemens and Corbins are a little more affordable some times, but they're hard. Mustangs show up all the time, but there is a reason everyone is selling theirs. I traded mine for chrome and went back to stock on my 650.

Only you can decide how much it hurts, but personally I'd figure out how to come up with another hundred bucks and get yourself the good stuff. If it's really bad, consider trying an Air Hawk 2 for $80 until you find a sweet deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Airhawk-Medium...HMDQCHD8Y31457

Ben C - Cary, NC

2001 XV1600A Road Star

2003 XVS650A V Star Classic
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Yep, I just ordered that one from Amazon - Thx! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode