Mpg - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Uncle Fester
Smile Mpg

Hey all,

Well, it is not 100% yet, but it LOOKS like I will have my 2000 Road Star 1600. I will know for sure on 2-21. The only thing stopping the purchase is if someone beats me to it while I wait on my money.

I plan to ride this bike across country, often, so I am curious what kind f MPG I should see from this bike. . . .

The bike does have a factory windscreen, after market saddle bags and back rest. When I ride interstate, I usually roll at about 75mph or so. I am a "big boy" at 6'2" tall and 300lbs, so that might effect the mpg some too.

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps with this question, and maybe I will see you on the road one day.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Credited to Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 08:09 PM

Depending on the modification...you'll probably be between 35 - 45 MPG in good conditions.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick – 6* Tree - 2" extended forks – 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock – Pods – Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 08:11 PM

Depending on the modification...you'll probably be between 35 - 45 MPG, maybe a bit higher if completely stock under perfect conditions.

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick – 6* Tree - 2" extended forks – 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock – Pods – Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 11:00 PM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
Hey Mick you got a stutter. A couple of my friends have R* and they get 40 to 45 on the hwy 2 up.

2007 Stratoliner S
Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp,8in sub
12 inch ape hanger bars
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Cobra Fi2000 powrpro auto tuner
Kuryakyn mustache bar
Corbin low profile solo seat
LED running lights front and rear
21 inch chrome raider front wheel
200 tire on the rear
113 Hd eating tire smoking cubic inches
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 07:09 AM

Yeah I do....LOL.

The Roadies I ride with get about that too.....one up or 2 up it's pretty close.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

The ad says Mustang seat and V&H pipes, saddle bags, back rest , blah blah blah. . . so 35 low and 45 high end should be good marks to shoot for?

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Credited to Mark Twain
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
Hey all,

Well, it is not 100% yet, but it LOOKS like I will have my 2000 Road Star 1600. I will know for sure on 2-21. The only thing stopping the purchase is if someone beats me to it while I wait on my money.

I plan to ride this bike across country, often, so I am curious what kind f MPG I should see from this bike. . . .

The bike does have a factory windscreen, after market saddle bags and back rest. When I ride interstate, I usually roll at about 75mph or so. I am a "big boy" at 6'2" tall and 300lbs, so that might effect the mpg some too.

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps with this question, and maybe I will see you on the road one day.

I have a 2000 R* S and I get around 42-43 mpg.. I too am a big boy over 300 . My regular riding involves mostly highway and I ride around 100-110 km/hr which is 60-70 miles/hr.
I recently installed a batwing fairing and got to this mpg.
Hope this helps
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Helps alot. . . . now I just got to get my Taxes in so I can get the bike!

Credited to Mark Twain
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 07:43 AM

Mpg

I ride a 2000 RS as well.
I've owned it since 2006 .
It had 1300 miles on it when I bought it. It now shows 89456 miles. The only modification I've ever done is to remove the last baffle on the pipes.

I'm 210 # and stand up straight at 5'10".

I usually run about 5.mph over the limit and avoid freeways.
( if your riding a free way you might as well be in a cage)

I average 48 mpg city and high way combined.

Mpg drops considerably at elevations over 4500 ft.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 09:15 PM

If you have not already you should join the roadstarclinic.com great forum with lots of knowledge about the great R*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode