Good Price? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Good Price?

Been looking at the Silverado's and found one some what near me.
This is a 2013 new left over for 9550.
The thing is this is the S model and it is my understanding that the S models came with passing lamps as standard. The bike I am looking at doesn't have them.
Either someone forgot to put them on or who knows what happened to them. The parts guy said some of the Silverado's didn't have the passing lamps. This true for the non S model.
I think I can talk them into adding lowers since the lamps are missing. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 12:13 PM

Poker, time! Go for it. I Do not know if , or if they do not come with them on, but if you do not ask !!!! You will not receive. Bluff, and see what happens. Tell them it would be a go if the lamps were on the bike. Then say nothing, do not say anything until they speak first. (That's really important) first one to speaks losses!!!!
If they do not go for it , you can still buy or walk. Your choice???
Hope it works for you. But do not let them raise.... The price , it's POker. Leave your phone number and walk. Let it sit for a few days. Come back in a week. They have sold it 2 years, it be there in a week . Time is on your side.

Jamie
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 11:02 PM

Thumbs up

You should have the driving lights on the bike. All the ones I have looked at in Texas have them. My 2013 was listed for $9999 (Really...for $1 you could have an even #)
I traded in two bikes and after tags, taxes and engine guard I ended up spending $4000.
There is a real push to get these out the door since they are left overs for too long now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150314_151422-1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	41649  

R Brown
U.S. Army Medical Corp SFC (Ret)
2013 Road Star Silverado
[URL="[URL=http://s224.photobucket.com/user/ms14796/media/Russ_Silverado.jpg.html][IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 06:43 AM

Its easy to check prices a lot of times by searching for the price on e-bay. Its where you will see dealers looking to clear inventory, depending on time of year.

2014 Road King (current)
08 V Star 1300 Tourer
07 Suzuki C50 Boulevard

"debt is dumb, cash is king" ... http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode