09' Road Star, buyers tips/issues - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

09' Road Star, buyers tips/issues

Hey folks, I might be trading my Raider for a Road Star, straight up. It's got 8k on it +/-, what should I look/listen for if anything when going to check it out and stuff? Any transmission issues, recalls, known trouble spots known of to date? I sent an email to sign up for RSC but they're locked down so that's TBD....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 06:55 PM

Garage
Is his roadstar stock or does it have mods? No recalls on that year and no known tranny issues. Every now and then one has excessive engine noise like a loud sewing machine about to explode. Also an occasional bike with excessive vibration. Does it ride smooth with reasonable vibration. I'd spend some time riding it. I have two 03 roadstars and recently rode a buddy's 04 with lots of mods and the vibration riding his was excessive. Good luck!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, haven't ridden it yet but it's modded well; PC5, V&H short shots, dyno'd, Memphis Fats windshield and more. It's got custom paint and a backrest too. It's got about 8k miles and mines got less than 3k.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 07:57 PM

Garage
Sounds good. Sometimes it's the mods that create the problems, so you'll know if it's for you after you ride it. One of my bikes has 60k+ and the other has 40k+ and both run great, so 8k is almost new...many out there with 100k+. I've had my share of minor hiccups, but that's because I can't leave well enough alone.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 09:55 PM

I`ve got a 2013 Road Star and like it a lot. Just curious on why you want to swap the Raider for the Roadie?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Well comfort is one reason, range on a tank is another. Mine needs some things things buttoned up and his is ready to go.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Well deal fell through but I got my Hard Kromes so I'm happy! I'd still be game for a trade for a nice Road Star if there's anyone interested~

Last edited by jbg123; 07-15-2015 at 08:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode