verb (used with object), subscribed, subscribing. 1. to pledge, as by signing an agreement, to give or pay (a sum of money) as a contribution, gift, or investment: He subscribed $6,000 for the new church.
2. to give or pay in fulfillment of such a pledge.
3. to append one's signature or mark to (a document), as in approval or attestation of its contents.
4. to attest by or as by signing.
5. to append, as one's signature, at the bottom of a document or the like; sign.
6. to agree or assent to.
verb (used without object), subscribed, subscribing. 7. to pledge, as by signing an agreement, to give or pay money as a contribution, gift, or investment.
8. to give or pay money in fulfillment of such a pledge.
9. to obtain a subscription
to a magazine, newspaper, etc.
10. to give one's consent; sanction: I will not subscribe to popular fallacies.
11. to sign one's name to a document.
12. to give approval to the contents of a document by signing one's name