Trunk Installed! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Trunk Installed!

What's better than having 1602cc of raw power between your legs and cruising at 80 all day long? Doing it with a screaming passenger and luggage in the back.

For a mere $125 plus $28 building materials, I have attached my trunk. I am extremely happy with it. It's solid, comfortable, and offers a lot of space.

2001 Yamaha Roadstar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:02 PM

That looks nice. Where did you get the mount for the tourpak? Did you make that? That's been my hang up for adding a trunk to my Strat...I found one similar to yours but they want $250 for just that alone. Shoot, the tourpak itself doesn't cost that much. I've considered building my own but I'm a jack-leg welder at best. Again, looks nice. Very nice.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 07:08 PM

If I'm correct, that is a Mutazu VIP. They are very nice for the money. They also sell mounts. Go to Mutazu.com and check them out. They sell decent items at a fair price. NOT HARLEY ORIGINALS but decent. I like them. I even bought a pair of passenger floorboards that use the original mounts on the bike and they were only $80. They work, and the look nice. Just not Cobra or Kuryakyn or Yamaha brand.

2003 1100 Classic Silverado. 2" risers, Rifle bronze windshield, Cobra crash bars with highway pegs, Baron's ORK. DMY VIP Tour Pak with luggage rack. MCC Comfort Rider Plus passenger seat. No performance enhancers. Just comfort and safety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

It's actually the cheap knock-off of the Mutazu VIP. It's ABS plastic instead of fiberglass, however it's really durable.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/120941532481?...#ht_5294wt_892

It came with the bottom mounting plate, and metal arm diagonals. I made the rest from 2 cross bars and a support bar, out of 1/8"x1" steel, and spray painted it black.

Here's some pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/yF0cY#0

2001 Yamaha Roadstar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode