vstar 1100 custom exhaust mod question - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

vstar 1100 custom exhaust mod question

vstar 1100 custom exhaust mod available?
I have a 2000 1100 custom with stock pipes. anyone tried the following website and if so how did it sound, and did it require any carb mods.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...%3D2%26ps%3D63

i saw the mod for the 950 but didnt know if it worked for 1100s, i have asked the question on another thread where the exhaust on the 950 exhaust is discussed

thanks

Last edited by vstar23; 11-30-2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: website didnt work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 10:59 AM

1100 exhaust mod

I just did this mod on the mufflers on my 2005 1100. Check this site: www.vstar1100.com. It has the procedure. I did it yesterday. Very easy. I don't know how it works yet.
Mike
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

thanks, let us know how it sounds, any mpg change and any negatives. explain a little what you had to do to pull out the inner pipe, what tools, hole saws, how long extension was required, etc. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 05:58 PM

It will probably be a while before I have any experience with it. I live in NW Ohio. Snow is pretty deep here. That website I gave you has more info. Just go there, then click on "exhaust" then go down on that page until you see "modifications to stock exhaust". It was really easy to do. I got en extra set of stock mufflers on ebay for $16 plus shipping.
Mike
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 10:51 AM

OK, I started it up on the lift yesterday. Nice sound. Not too much louder than stock. Those mufflers have several chambers in them and just changing the rear one is not going to make a whole lot of difference. One thing i will add to the mod article, is to shorten that 6" plumbing piece if you use it. There is a lot of vibration in that area and the new 6" pipe could hit the end of the tube you disconnected in the muffler, and rattle possibly. you probably only need about 3" of length. It basically just fillt the hole, and mokes it look better. You could probably do the mod right on the bike, and never remove the mufflers at all. I couldn't tell any difference in the running of the bike, which is what I hoped for.
Mike
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

glad it worked out ok, thanks for the info
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 05:48 PM

Well?

So how did your mod work for you after you rode for a while? I have the same bike and am considering the same mod.
Thanks.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 08:49 AM

I drilled 4 holes using a 3/8 bit at the end of each pipe, but only 2 holes went thru both baffles. This is a quick exhaust modification and adds a deeper roar than the stock sound.
No backfire issue or re-jetting the carbs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BILD0001.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	345  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 02:54 PM

Thanks! I might just try that one. I didn't want to get into the jetting.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 09:33 AM

Oops, been busy riding this summer so I forgot to reply regarding the muffler mod. Works great! No change in performance, and it give the mufflers a good, open look at the back, rather than the stock, choked off appearance.
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode