1300 deluxe - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By brickdoctor
  • 1 Post By brickdoctor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

1300 deluxe

any 1300 v star deluxe owners out here? looking pretty hard at them have a 950 now ,,,what are your thought on the deluxe ,,,do you like the fairing ? do you get buffiting,
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 11:25 AM

Garage
Hi guy!
I also own a 950 currently, but I rode a 2016 1300 deluxe last August at a Yamaha Demo Dayís in Cookeville, Tn. It had the full fairing and all the options. I was quite impressed with it. The brakes were excellent, it handled much like my 950, and it had plenty of power. I could easily see with a few performance mods it would be a blast to ride. The only reason why I havenít bought one is my 950 is paid for, I just now have 20k miles on it, and weíre looking at purchasing another house. Other than that, Iíd be on one of the rapid red models produced in 2015. You canít go wrong with the deluxe model in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Hi guy!
I also own a 950 currently, but I rode a 2016 1300 deluxe last August at a Yamaha Demo Dayís in Cookeville, Tn. It had the full fairing and all the options. I was quite impressed with it. The brakes were excellent, it handled much like my 950, and it had plenty of power. I could easily see with a few performance mods it would be a blast to ride. The only reason why I havenít bought one is my 950 is paid for, I just now have 20k miles on it, and weíre looking at purchasing another house. Other than that, Iíd be on one of the rapid red models produced in 2015. You canít go wrong with the deluxe model in my opinion.

how was the wind with the fairing comparied to a windshield,,, was the power difference noticeable, my 950 seems to have plenty of power...did the rpms at highway speeds seem lower? thanks for the reply
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 02:41 PM

Good bike

Hey there, I have a 2016 1300 deluxe. I stand 5'10" and I do get buffeting over 90 KMH (whatever that is in MPH). I did notice that with an open face helmet I got less buffeting than with a full face helmet. The stock handlebars gave me a really bad pinch between the shoulder blades so I changed them to bagger bars with less width and higher reach (no more pinched muscles). The seat is good for about an hour and then it's break time. I plan on changing the seat with one from Pacific Coast Star, they have a nice try-and-buy policy for the ones they manufacture. Power is good, it's definitely not a sport bike and handing is good too. The built in NAV/SR/MP3 player is nice along with the iPod connector (I use my old iPhone and its great). You can blast the speakers loud enough to hear while on the highway but the bass is limited. Passenger seating, from what I hear is abysmal. I rode to Friday the 13th here Ontario (Port Dover), about a 2 hour ride from home. My daughter who rode passenger ended up switching to her uncles bike on the ride home because she couldn't take mine anymore. My hips are still kinda funny after that ride, and its been almost 2 weeks. Do I hate my bike? nope. Do I love it? Yep. I've had this bike since new early spring 2017. I've never seen the same bike on the road yet (grey and blue) except for one red one (2015) and a 2017 (black) while I was on my way to Port Dover (rider pulled up and said hi). I love the blacked out look and everything on it is functional. Even the fairing. Up to a point. I also added heated Oxford grips and an Innovv C5 motorcycle camera for piece of mind.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 06:53 PM

Garage
brickdoctor,
My 950 has a MS full fairing and lower fork deflectors so I have very minimal buffeting. The demo 1300 had a little more buffeting as it didnít have the lower fork deflectors.
I could tell a difference right off power wise, I could only imagine what it would be like with a few performances mods. The brakes were better than my 950 in my opinion and the 1300 felt just as nimble in traffic to me. There was a weight difference, but not a large amount. The deluxe factory fairing offered a little better hand protection than my aftermarket one on my 950. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3315.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	81578Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3511.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	81580My bike is the all black one, the other picture is me with the 1300.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode