Scoot mod 6” extensions - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Scoot mod 6” extensions

Has anyone done this mod? I’m trying to figure out how to adjust the rear brake rod. Do I adjust it at the master. Or at the Clevis at the pedal. Also I would like to be able to adjust pedal height. Has anyone modified he shifter for larger feet? I can touch both ends of shifter heel and toe at the same time. Different shifter or just cut the heel part off?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 05:14 PM

Garage
I had this set up on my 1100 when I bought it. With a 32ish inseam, I couldn't reach the brake pedal in any kind of safe manner haha.
For adjusting the brake pedal, you should be able to just adjust the pedal the same as you would without the kit on it. If I remember right, you kind of had to adjust both sides of the extension, since one side was left hand threads. Been a few days since I had mine on and off though.
As for the shifter, I am under the impression that they are a 1 size fits most. It may just take a little practice to keep from resting your whole foot on it. I know I love being able to just kick down with my heel for each gear as I am twisting away on the throttle. When not shifting I rest my foot completely on the floorboard. It might seem like an extra fraction of a second to move your foot from floorboard to shifter and back, but would rather do that than risk the possibility of wearing down the trans internals from putting undue pressure on the gear set. You may look at adjusting the shifter as well, to place it in a more comfortable position for you to shift with. Front more up or lower. Just remember you need to leave it in a way that you can easily hit all gears.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

I guess I’m looking for how do you adjust the rear brake pedal? Is the throw adjustable then do the pedal height? There is a threaded rod that goes into the master that pushes against the piston then a jam nut. On the front there is two nuts that adjust the clevis at the bottom of the pedal. I just don’t want there to be to much pressure on the push rod and jam or bend the rod into the master. Thinking about swapping the shifter over to the same as roadstars have where the rear is adjustable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode