Starter clutch issues - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Starter clutch issues

Today started out great. I'm off and my son needed some help at his house. I road over and helped him hang a new garage door. A few hours later we are done and jump on bike to head home. Hit the starter switch and starter turns but not the engine. Put the bike in gear and rocked forward. Tried again and same thing. So at 68k my starter clutch is bad. I searched on line and was coming up with about $400 for OEM. I've heard too many stories of aftermarket starter clutches the OEM is the only way I want to go. The closest dealer I go to is only a few miles from my son's house. So we jump in his truck so I can go in person to see what kind of a deal they can work with me. When we pulled up there is a guy just getting back from a test drive on a new Venture. He had ridden it several times and was about to close the deal. I told him about our forum so hopefully we will see him here soon. Now the discussion drifted toward what his current bike was. He pointed over to a 2006 Harley Electra Ultra. I asked him why he was getting a new one and he said he liked the looks of the Venture over the newer Harley. I will end this here only to say it might be a bit before my starter clutch is fixed.

Les B.
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode